SB 42

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

cmamoulelis

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2005
I will take the giants + 12

what has changed since the pats beat the giants 38-35?

Well, the giants are playing with more confidence, and the pats arent scoring with the same reckless abandon. some of this may be due to weather and game plans that have changed as a result of that.

I also understand that the patriots are now healthier on the offensive line

Ive heard on the radio that the fast track at glendale is in the patriots favor.... is the field in az faster than the field at giants stadium? Not in my opinion, but lets say that it is... this also helps the giants pash rush and the giants offense vs that pats d.

team speed is even, if not in the giants favor overall.

manning is playing the best ball of his career at this point. I dont think he folds under the pressure of the sb. why would he? he's played his entire career in the ny fishbowl, he's had pressure on him since the draft day trade. he has not thrown any ints so far this post season there have been no turnovers by manning and i expect that to continue.

the new england defense is nothing like the defense that they have had in their past sb victories. they allow chunks of yds and points. they are older and slower than in the past.

yes, they held sd to 4 fg, but that was a gimpy sd offense and they moved the ball up and down the field on the pats, as did the jags.

now, do i think the giants win, probably not but it wouldnt be the upset of the century to me if they did.

the pats are 18-0 and will probably complete their historic season with a sb victory, but how on earth people can be adamant that it will be a 45-13 blowout is beyond me. there is nothing to indicate that will happen.

one last point. most of the sb blowout victories in recent history are from dominant defenses (bucs, ravens). pats are not a dominant defense.

i think the days of 52-17 blowouts in the sb ended in the 90's. colts beat bears by 12 last year, but come on, that was rex grossman. i rewatched that sb, if the bears would have had almost any other qb in that game they probably win.

anyways, giants cover the spread easily

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dizzayton

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
2 thoughts

2 thoughts

I agree completely that it will be very competitive and Giants may win outright. I already put money on Giants with the points and moneyline. Won't be surprised if NE pulls away and wins by 14 at the end of the game, but I feel comfortable taking the Giants.

As far as the over/under, I think it is a crap shoot. I just keep thinking back to the Pats/Panthers SB that went way over the total. Who would've predicted that.