Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
Folks.

Boston is -120 tonight.

Worth a look? Sure...

But...

Can look at it a couple ways.

The Bruins played their brand of hockey, tight on defense, conservative, and lost both games by 1. Optimists will say they were in both games on the road, and many actually do say there's nothing to worry about until you lose at home. Well, they lose tonight, and might as well mail it in...sad to say. Thomas has played well in both games, but at the end of the day, as Duane Charles Parcells famously said, you are what your record says you are. Therefore, they're still in the hole 2-0, and face, for all intents and purposes a must win game tonight.

Boston has a solid home ice crowd, which will help a bit. They need to eliminate stupid turnovers. Turnovers in general are NG, but the kind that cost them goals and games are what really are the issue.

Shawn Thornton will likely be a healthy scratch again. A lot of people on the radio today are screaming at Claude and telling him that Thornton must play. I don't know when he became the second coming of Scott Stevens. If he plays, which is unlikely, he might see 8 minutes of ice time.

I give the slight edge to the Bruins in this spot, if only because of the home ice advantage. Still, it's playoff hockey, and anything can happen...And like I've been telling my friends, the only thing worse than losing with 18.5 seconds left is losing 11 seconds into OT...:shrug: