Scoop on Batello?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
On paper it looks as though this guy can create some problems for Huck this weekend. He's very confident and apparently they have sparred several times. He claims he knows how to beat Huck. Huck said it will be a tough fight. The guy is 6' 3" and has 15 kos in 18 wins, 0 losses. He knocked out a guy in 1 rd that previously went 12 with Drizod. He also won a clear dec over a guy that gave Fragomeni trouble and lost a md to him.
Frag gave Haye all he could handle and he's recently beat top level euro fighters. Huck is solid all around but he can be beaten and stopped as Cunningham showed. I don't know much else on this guy but appears(at least on paper) to be a live dog +600. Any comments?

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Here is a few youtube clips:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Geoffrey+Battelo&aq=f

and here is the presser photo:
http://www.fightnews.com/?p=2164#more-2164

Huck looked very solid against Monrose and seems to have grown from the Cunningham fight. Batelo seems competent from the small clips, but my guess is Huck stops him.

After my Alekseev disaster last week, I will not being using the -900 Huck in any parlays. But my opinion is Huck will win rather easily.

but at the price, I really can't fault a small play. Who would have thought Alekseev would be dummied last week? Maybe lightning can strike twice here.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
On the undercard, Licina vs. Herrera is quite an intriguing fight.

Licina made us all some money stopping an over-weight Otis Griffin.
Herrera shocked the hell out of me by stopping Aaron Williams on ESPN last year.

Boxlocks already posted this, but I believe the under 7.5 may be a good option here.

Herrera gets you or gets got...he is not there to dance...these guys should be slamming on each other from rnd 1

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Here is a few youtube clips:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Geoffrey+Battelo&aq=f

and here is the presser photo:
http://www.fightnews.com/?p=2164#more-2164

Huck looked very solid against Monrose and seems to have grown from the Cunningham fight. Batelo seems competent from the small clips, but my guess is Huck stops him.

After my Alekseev disaster last week, I will not being using the -900 Huck in any parlays. But my opinion is Huck will win rather easily.

but at the price, I really can't fault a small play. Who would have thought Alekseev would be dummied last week? Maybe lightning can strike twice here.

thx Ghost...you the man. I put a buck on it. Nothing big. The guy is tall, aggressive and he can punch a little. I think Huck will more than likely win a 12 rd dec in a tough scrap but this guy was worth a stab @+600

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I watchedt the clip as well.

He looks to have good fundamentals, fights at a good pace and has a nice overhand right....

They (Sauerand) have made a good job of rebuilding Hucks career (or momentum), but Huck still has some issues, he is not a well schooled boxer, he's too wild and his defense isnt very good.

@+600 he's definitely worth a shot!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Here is a good thread from eastsideboxing's euro forum:

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116722

some support for Batelo...others not so much.
All seem to be in agreement on one thing-he has a very dangerous, big right hand.

but this is a big step of in class...he should go at Huck from the opening bell. That will be his best chance.

Once again, you come through with some good info! My biggest question would be his amateur bckgrnd and it was answered. 10-1, 7 inside the dist. Makes me a little less confident but this guy can crack and he's agressive so I expect him to win some rds. I wouldnt put a lrge amt on him but certainly worth a play @+600.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Bodog has the over under for this fight set at 6,5 rounds...over 6.5 @+170. :eek:

Both have good power, but I dont see a quick stoppage.

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I took the over for a hund.
Huck doesn't like it when he's being punched back. Plus they sparred toegether and know their games.
It should last a good moment. Not sure if Batello can win in Germany barring a ko.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
The card is underway in Germany.
Alexander Abraham is up next.
Prospect Koko Murat just scored a decision.

I will keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
No link but ARD.de has a round by round in German
hard to understand, but I am using a translator
Abraham is slightly ahead after 5 rounds

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
end of 7 Abraham seems to be the more active fighter, with better stamina.

they are also mentioning a lot of body blows for Abraham.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
8. Round: Time and again attempts to the head of both boxers. Abraham with a slight advantage, it operates relatively openly, but also can Stevanovic nimbly dodge.

Sounds like it may be getting close down the stretch...hard to tell without watching thought

9. Round: Just before the gong Abraham is once again under pressure, as Stevanovic with a left-right combination to the chin, the title holder caught.

My guess though is that Abraham will get a clear decision here if the final bell hits...arthur's bro certainly will get the favoritism

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
The odds for this Abraham fight were ridiculous; he's fighting an undefeated oponnent, i believe...

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
10. Round: After interim superiority of Abraham, the fight is now open again. Abraham with some hits from the backward movement - the younger brother of "King Arthur" but lacks the punch.