Seattle Seahawks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

broondog

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2002
Melbourne,Kentucky
What's the outlook for this team this year???? Shaun Alexander was a local High School athlete wondering what his teams chances are,..how they're looking....thanks:D

no all

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2002
I think they will be a much better team this year
I really like there O# this season:D

GO HAWKS

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Vegas Dave

Forum Member
Jul 23, 2002
I'm gonna do that division next, but just off the top of my head here's a few thoughts:

Can Hasselback perform well throughout the whole season, even when there is pressure on him? If not, can Dilfer recover from his injury and be effective in this offense?

We know that on most days the offense can produce, but can the defense stop the run? Will they be able to get enough pressure on QB's this year so their secondary doesn't get picked apart? Can the front 7 contain opposing running backs?

If the defense does not improve I don't expect the Seahawks to be able to compete very well against St. Louis or San Fran which will then be a big problem.

BigSix

Forum Member
Jul 24, 2002
Did someone say Seahawks?

This team is due for a good year. The pieces are in place. they would have been much better last year but they got bit by the injury bug.

Holmgen, stripped of all that power can now focus and do what he does best, coach.

Alexander is 100% and with Mo Morris backing him up and Strong opening up dem holes it should be fun to watch.

Hasselback came into his own at the end of last year but as VD says can he perform when the pressure is on? If not Mike will surely give him the hook and Dilfer, if he is mended (I hear he will be) can win games.

The only concern is Walter Jones who is playing $$ games again this year.

Ahh the D-Fense.

They stunk last year! Yep really really stunk.

This year they have Rhodes who will not be another Holmgren yes man like Sidwell was. He will run this D-Fense and his way. The players love his in your face style.

They also picked up Norman (take a play off) Hand who can only help.

My concern is Springs who has a big @ss hole in his leg and has said he doesn't want to play here anymore. They need him to be 100% mentally and physically in this pass happy division.

The competition?

49er's; new coach.
Rams; old coach.
Card's; haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

Ok sorry Zona fans, I feel your pain.

Last but not least, the Hawks have probably the easiest schedule this year.

My $$$ is on the Hawks to take the NFC West but until things settle down in the season I would be careful betting them ATS. The books are hoping we will look at the 2nd half of last season and lose a few dollars in the process not to mention that Mike seems pretty conservative, he'll get the lead and try and sit on it.

Luck to all!

B6

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

cooz3

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
boston
i expect a big improvement for this team...

first off lets start at the top...COACHES...Holmgren is now worrying about coaching and thats it PERIOD...think he realizes this year is it if he doesnt show something..no excuses

RHODES will improve this defense...how can he not?...

Randle will be healthy this year....norman hand will help...and Eaton is solid....that rotation right there "should" improve the point of attack on the line ...and not give teams 5 yards on first downs ....they also added Okeafor at the end position from the niners and have Antonio Cochran at the other end...not eactly household names but they should be steady...

linebackers...simmons and chad brown are solid...its middle linebacker where they may have problems ...but with the beefing up of the interior line this should mask any real deficencies...

secondary...shawn springs and ken lucas are solid as lomg as healthy..they drafted Trufant who should help as well...free safety will be manned by damien robinson and strong safety is solid with Reggie Toungue

all in all this defense if healthy should be much improved ..it was thier achilles heel last year...im not saying that this is the second coming of the steel cutain but it should be improved...

instead of going into a long post..ill simply say thier offense will score...in 4 of thier last 6 games last year they scored at least 30 points...

they will score

think this team will surprise a lot of people next year...but like the prior posts said Hassleback needs to take it upon himself to focus and have agood year not a good half year..

cooz

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
I also like Seattle this year. I think the biggest factor is something BigSix referred to: Holmgren no longer being the GM. When he left GB, he was generally regarded as one of the top two or three coaches in the league, and he was being spread too thin as a GM. I think this will be a huge factor in Seattle's success this year.

BigSix

Forum Member
Jul 24, 2002
Hey VD!

Feel free to use anything I post , at your own risk of course.

Thanks for all the great write-ups you've been doing.

I am so frickin "ready for some FOOTBALL"

:jump:

B6

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

no all

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2002
who here actually like the hawks?
just wondering cause I've been following them for a few years

BigSix

Forum Member
Jul 24, 2002
no all,

Like the Seahawks? Hmmmmm.......

I live in the Seattle area and like most football folks here, I have a love-hate relationship with the Hawks.

B6