Security Camera/Home Security Systems

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bsucards

BSU Cards
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2003
New Palestine Indiana
So as I start to travel more for work and volleyball, along with having teenage daughters.

I am looking for either a separate home security camera that I can upload motion clips to like google drive or onedrive over Wifi. I was looking at a Samsung Smart Cam. Almost purchased one but then read some reviews about unable to turn off alerts, like if your sitting in the living room watching tv.

I have also looked at a couple alarm companies, Frontpoint, Simplisafe, Vivint.

Thoughts?

PAChicky

Bee
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2013
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
We have Night Owl at work. You can set it up to view it on your smart phone, tablet, computer, etc. We don't have sound but we just wanted a simple one here since it's a small place but they have a much nicer version too. Very affordable also and easy to install and use.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bsucards

BSU Cards
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2003
New Palestine Indiana
The nest cam is sweet, the problem is that I have to pay 100 dollars extra for a 10 day video history. I already have extra google storage that I am wanting to use. Ended up picking up one of the Samsung Smart Cam Pro From ebay for about 90 dollars cheaper than retail.

Sportsaholic

Jack's Mentor
Forum Member
Jan 18, 2000
Crustacean Nation
The nest cam is sweet, the problem is that I have to pay 100 dollars extra for a 10 day video history. I already have extra google storage that I am wanting to use. Ended up picking up one of the Samsung Smart Cam Pro From ebay for about 90 dollars cheaper than retail.

Thanks for the link bsuc.....looking for something to potentially check on our elderly parents....I like the two way talk feature.....:0008

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com

Yep,

I thought it was pretty bad ass too. I looked at all their products and thought they were cool. I'm moving into a new house, and have got their thermostat (got it $50 cheaper and new on ebay), I believe it will save me a lot of money with the algorithms they use for comfort and temp control when you're away. Got to say their products are expensive though. Good luck with the Samsung!!

kneifl

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
So as I start to travel more for work and volleyball, along with having teenage daughters.

I am looking for either a separate home security camera that I can upload motion clips to like google drive or onedrive over Wifi. I was looking at a Samsung Smart Cam. Almost purchased one but then read some reviews about unable to turn off alerts, like if your sitting in the living room watching tv.

I have also looked at a couple alarm companies, Frontpoint, Simplisafe, Vivint.

Thoughts?

If I lived in an area where I was worried about my family when I was away it would be a security company.

http://www.topconsumerreviews.com/home-security/