Self propelled lawnmowers

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ga_ben

Snarky
Forum Member
Oct 12, 2006
Acworth, GA
The collective wisdom of this forum exceeds that of MIT and Harvard combined. We all know this. Having said that I am looking for a new self propelled lawn mower in the $200-$300 range. My old Murray broke a wheel off on Monday halfway through my 1 1/2 hours of cutting so I'm taking this as a sign from the man up above that I need a new one. You guys have any suggestions.

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com
I hear that Cub Cadet and Toro mowers see the repair shop less than others.

It is also my understanding that Black and Decker are terrible mowers.

Also - Briggs and Stratton used to be good and now they use cheap parts and keep the same price so I would look the other way on that brand.

Contact a lawnmower repair shop in your town and ask the guy on the phone what he thinks is the best lawnmower to buy.

ces

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2005
E of Ball State
I own several rental properties and do the mowing. I have a selfpropelled and the teflon gears have stripped twice on the expensive Toro I have. Was talking to a mowing contractor about what he used. He likes the Husqvarna selfpropelled because the gears are made of steel and last longer. I priced them at $320 here in Ind.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com
I own several rental properties and do the mowing. I have a selfpropelled and the teflon gears have stripped twice on the expensive Toro I have. Was talking to a mowing contractor about what he used. He likes the Husqvarna selfpropelled because the gears are made of steel and last longer. I priced them at $320 here in Ind.

You mow the lawn of all your rental properties?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ces

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2005
E of Ball State
You mow the lawn of all your rental properties?

Yep. Have a 42" zero turn mower. With some strategic roundup, I can do 9 properties in 2 hr. I just realized why you asked. They are college student rentals and the kids did a terrible job when I had them do it. Might mow and not trim, etc. Just easier to do it myself. Looks better and a selling point when renting.