Senegal v Uruguay, Tue 11 June 2.30am ET

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
Senegal coach Bruno Metsu is facing a midfield crisis as he prepares for his side's crucial final group game. He is certainly without the services of Salif Diao, who scored and then was sent off against Denmark, and Khalilou Fadiga is a doubt. However, Metsu is hopeful that Fadiga will recover in time along with captain and key defender Aliou Cisse, who suffered a thigh injury in training.

Uruguay will again will be without playmaker Fabian O'Neill, whose strained Achilles' tendon has not responded to treatment. Star striker Alvaro Recoba, Pablo Garcia, and Gianni Guigou are all expected to shrug off knocks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH PREVIEW STATISTICS

No previous meetings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH SHORTS

Senegal only require a draw from this match to become the second African nation to qualify for the second phase on their debut. Nigeria were the first in 1994.
Uruguay will guarantee their place in the second phase with a win unless they only win 1-0, in which case they could miss out if France beat Denmark 3-2.
Uruguay have only failed to get out of their group once in their last five World Cups. That was in 1974 when they finished bottom of their group.
Senegal's Salif Diao will be suspended for this match after receiving a red card against Denmark.
Five Uruguayans have received yellow cards at this World Cup. They are Abreu, Romero, Pablo Garcia, Dario Silva and Gustavo Mendez. Aliou Ciss? and Khalilou Fadiga are both on one yellow card for Senegal.
Fifteen of Senegal's 23 man squad have seen playing time in their first World Cup.
Only four of Uruguay's 20 outfield players have not yet been on the pitch at this World Cup. They are Joe Bizera, Nicolas Olivera, Fabian O'Neill and Diego Forlan.
Saudi Arabia are the only country to have beaten Senegal in 2002. They have also won seven and drawn three of their other matches this year.
Uruguay have also lost to Saudi Arabia this year and have only won three matches of their eight - those games were against South Korea, China and Singapore.
Senegal have not lost a competitive match since losing 1-0 to Togo in qualification for the African Nations Cup. They have played 10 competitive matches since then.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

KsYaS

Soy Puro Cabron
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
M?xico
Well the under is obviously fvck uff, and sincerely I think Uruguay is done to!!

Do me a favor Uruguay, go home exactly when you leave the stadium!!!!!!

Javier :D

nostromo

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Europe
Diouf, what a cheat!

Worst dive I've seen in years :firing: I hope England beat the crap out of them.

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
I was hoping Senegal would hang on at the end. Uruguay should have sneaked it though. Main thing is the Frogs have gone :D.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

KsYaS

Soy Puro Cabron
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
M?xico
Monarch and all the friends here:
Do you think Senegal is a Reallity???

mm...

maybe

Javier :D