Seven Deadly Sins Of Sports Betting

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
This is somthing I came across while I am regrouping for another football season. Sometimes I have to remind myself about getting back to basics again. I hope you will find these helpful.
1. Not knowing what it takes to be a winner. Being driven by unreality and false hopes.
2. Being undisciplined in managing your money. Letting losses depress or immobilize you; impulsively forcing the action in an irrational way.
3. Lacking patience. Failing to look for every edge, both in the pointspread of the game and the current, up-to-date assessment of the teams.
4. Failing to set priorities. Refusing to properly and intelligently identify the most important handicapping factors. The tendency to be distracted by insignificant items an unverified reports.
5. Blindly following some groundless technical trend or falling for backfitted numerical regressions.
6. Betting with your heart, not your head. Bonding emotionally with your favorite team.
7.Falling for "tips","wired" games and other nonsense
Thank you Mort Olshan.
Best Wishes: Devil Dog
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing those you do hold well." Josh Billings