Shades of Blue Final4

KingB40

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 4, 2019
Chucktown
Tourney: 43-39 +$4,452

Damn, that commercial is gonna have to be run-back, except they gotta sub in Nova for Kentucky, and add Kansas (UCONN women can obviously, stay)!

What. A. Final. 4. Line. Up!

My 2 preseason futures are STILL alive (Duke and Nova at 100/1600 each, respectively). Decisions, decisions, today...

Nova +4 1100/1000
Have I mentioned either of these things in the past few weeks:
1. I don't think Kansas is that good
2. Don't bet against Jay Wright as it gets later in the tourney
The answer is yes, to both! And I'm not going against either of those feelings, today, regardless how BIG of a hole Justin Moore's injury leaves (and it is BIG). Wright will have his guys ready, with a "next man up" mentality. I will admit, Kansas DID look impressive in their 2nd half thrashing of the U (the Canes tore my heart out), but in reality, the Jayhawks thrashed a #10 seed. They have (IMO) had, by far, the easiest road to get here (Creighton, Providence, Miami), and if they get past Nova, I'll still feel they are one of the most UNIMPRESSIVE #1 seeds and/or teams to play for a title in a LONG TIME(and I'll fade them, again, in that game). The best player on the court will be Collin Gillespie (I'm talking today, not prospects---that's probably Agbaji). The short bench is a cause for concern with Nova, but to win a title (or final4 game), a team has a tendency to need a "surprise" player to step up (enter Arcidiacono, maybe?). I don't expect Nova to freak out if the Jayhawks go on a run like the U did, nor do I see a run of that nature happening for Rock Chalk. In the end, Wright and Gillespie will be the difference. The better coach, with the best player (who's basically a coach on the floor---old enough to be a coach, too) will move on. Nova, 70-66.

Duke ML 2000/1000
This game, on the other hand, is more dicey. Duke seems like the play (through all the scenarios I run through), but UNC IS SCARY! If Manek shoots lights out, all bets are off and this game could be 101-100 (or worse, see UNC-Duke at Cameron). Given that UNC has beaten Duke recently, and their torrid stretch they have had to get here, their confidence will be SKY HIGH, which is the main reason I'm hesitant about the line. In the end, Duke has the better coach (yes, I know, I'm funny), the better roster, and WAYY more to play for (revenge and K's last run CANNOT be underestimated). I like the Devils to make more plays down the stretch in what SHOULD BE an awesome finale, tonight. 79-75!

Side note: some pretty sweet story books playing out between Men's and Women's tourneys this year. Men's is a pick which story you want: the bluest of blue blooded final4s; UNC/Duke; K's last ride; Collin Gillespie turning 40. On the Women's side: Paige Buckets getting to the final, in front her home crowd in Minnesota, a year after a devastating injury, going up against, a stacked Lady Gamecocks squad, with arguably, a coach who could probably win a title coaching a men's team (I freaking love Dawn Staley). Regardless of your favorite headline, this weekend is an UNBELIEVABLE one for hoops, and I can't wait to see it unfold (and let's be honest, hopefully make some greennnnnnn).

GL MJ'ers!

KingB40

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 4, 2019
Chucktown
Woof! OK, so I was wrong about a few things...Kansas went on a run and Nova kinda freaked out. Hope Nova can go on a run, but definitely look shaky.

KingB40

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 4, 2019
Chucktown
Game seems like Duke's to lose (which they obviously, could). No Mark Williams for 15 min dramatically altered Duke's defense. IF he can stay on the floor for more than 5 min in the second, Duke should pull away.
****both teams sucked early and often (total 5/25 from 3 between the 2)****things may heat up in the 2nd....

2nd half
Duke -1.5 550/500

No sense in staying put; I like what I've seen. LFG, Blue Devils!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
Bet on MyBookie