Sharks?

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
Nick,

I am on the Sharks too. 3rd game in 4 nights for Flames. Vernon in net for Flames.

Good luck!

Nice pick on Sabres...

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Twenty minutes to game time. Dunno why I am spending so much time capping this one game. It is just that a ton of people in this forum are on it. I have not seen one post on the internet all day in favor of the Flames which worries me.

Pinnacle has their line all the way up at -148 with the half puck and most other books are down around -145 or so (GC, another sharp book, is at -150). That tells me that they have been moving the line all day because they don't want the action on SJ. That makes SJ look like a strong play.

Looking at season results, Sharks are 7-4 at home -1/2 and Flames are 7-5 on the road -1/2. That certainly makes it seem like a play on Calgary +1/2 at +130 or so is a strong play and that SJ -1/2 at -140 is a bad play.

Vernon (0-4-0) starts and he gave up 4 goals in 21 shots last time out, which is awful. But it was against a Buffalo team which always shoots a high %. Sharks have looked awesome in their last two and they won their last three. Actually, though, it was only the third period where they outplayed Anaheim. Flames are just off a seven game winless streak, though they tied a smoking Colorado team at home and beat the Kings in LA in their last two.

No previous meetings this year but it should be noted that San Jose was really mystified by Minny's neutral zone trap and Calgary works a similar style.

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Alright, that's it. I am going to pass. I have to get some writing done and watch a tape of last night's Raw tonight, anyway. I will probably watch it and root the Sharks in for you guys because I know how strongly this board is on San Jose.

Bet on MyBookie