Should I expect a strip search...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

3 Seconds

Fcuk Frist
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Marlton, NJ
So every 6 months me and 11 of my buddies get together in AC for our annual fantasy baseball & football drafts respectively.

We usually make a whole weekend of it & throw in some other activities...golf, bowling, deep sea fishing etc...

Well this go round its bowling. As with any competition between us its extremely fierce so of course I went out & bought a new bowling ball & have been practicing a few times a week...

Now here is the part I have a question about...I booked a flight out of CHS to PHL, but it is only a one way ticket. I bought a new car to replace my Pathfinder. The car is at a dealership in Marlton NJ, so I am just going to pick it up & drive it back to Charleston.

I am only bringing 1 carry on luggage piece & I plan to have my bowling ball tucked away in the small suitcase with just a couple pairs of shorts/pants & few shirts & my personal stuff.

Is this going to be a like a major red flag thing? I do feel its kinda odd to be bringing a bowling ball in my carry on. Its not the most normal of things. Then on top of it's a one way ticket....

Should I plan on some extra time to spend going through secrutiy??? :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Morris

Tent Maker
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Above the Clouds....
Expect the Unexpected! :scared

Seriously dude, I wouldn't worry about it. If it bothers you that much just bring some papers that show you are buying a car. Don't sweat it and GL!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
can you overnight fedex your bowling ball ahead of time to your hotel you will be staying at?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
call the airline and ask :shrug:

maybe check the bag = no problems at all.

3 Seconds

Fcuk Frist
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Marlton, NJ
call the airline and ask :shrug:

maybe check the bag = no problems at all.

I am guessing that will be solution, I just hate checking bags especially going to PHL as they are soooo slow there.

I was hoping to be able to sneak in the bowling stuff w/ the carry on...

no pepper

OUTSIDE NOW!
Forum Member
Aug 8, 2000
St. Louis
I wouldn't worry about the bowling ball too much. But the one way ticket should automatically flag you for extra screening. When you get your boarding pass, take a close look and if you see 5 asterisks or a bunch of S's printed on it you can plan on being "randomly selected".

Don't sweat it unless you're carrying more than six ounces of liquid. That's what really pisses off the TSA. Bahama mama could fill you in...