Shrimp's Picks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TheShrimp

Forum Member
Jan 15, 2002
Two weeks ago, 2-0 +2.7 units (thx to the hit on cinci over cle)

Season : 7-5 +2.5 (roughly)

This week (lines are crrent at SIA):

Jax +4.5 (1->1) I know it looks like a simple contrarian on the surface but JAX ain't as bad as they've seemed. They have losses to CARO and BUFF. They had CARO on the ropes. They lost to houston on a last second TD and HOU ain't so terrible either. I still think MIA is a little over rated. They couldn't run the ball for crap last week when they had to so I think there are minor probs there. Also, I'm not a big "sandwich" fan, but after the road game at meadowlands last week and the pats at home next week, and playing a team with 1 win, this could be a "look-past". Gimme the 4.5 at home at even money.

WASH +4 (1.15 -> 1) All of their games have been tight. TB has shown flashes of how good they can be but they're not playing at that level consistently. If they do, they take out the skinnies easy, but I don't think it happens.

Leans...

NYG +3.0 @ NE. The problem here is the juice at SIA is -125 and I'm not laying that. I guess I'm not alone in liking them.

PHI. Well, if you can find PK at even money, I like it. My book has them laying 1 at -115. Too pricey.

I also like BAL and STL coming off bye weeks against poor teams, so I'm dropping a little on them, but not for really good reasons.

Good luck.