Sidorenko/Moreno 5/31

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I haven't seen these guys but on paper this looks to be a very tough fight for Sidorenko. Doing a little research on boxrec indicates that moreno is coming into his own and has a good shot. Moreno easily whipped Tomas Rojas who gave Jorge Arce absolute fits last sept. Moreno stopped Jose Lopez in 5 and Lopez went the dst w/Sid. Moreno dominated Herrera who knocked down cordoba twice in their fight...Cordoba fought 2 draws w/Sidorenko IN Germany. Moreno thumped Ricardo vargas in 1 in his last go...Vargas previously went the dst w/top fighters Silence Mabuza and Raphael Marquez.
I see this as a virtually even fight. Moreno has fought pro since the age of 17...I think he may be coming into his own @22. The downside is that Sid is a very solid strong fighter and this one is in Germany, nonetheless I took Moreno +325 for 5 hund. Any thoughts?

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Before Lopez fought Moreno, he "beat" 3 stiffs, and before beating those tomatoe cans, he lost 3 straight. He gets small respect for that win. Lopez, after beating another monster, Blanco (5-21), he loses 3 straight(Sid-Moreno-Hernandez). Lopez on the downside of his career. Small respect also. He DID go 12 with Sid though. Maybe Sid ain't so good. I'm not sure. And how in the hell does Vargas go 12 with Mabuza (17ko) and get crushed in 1 by Moreno (8ko) ? Maybe Vargas was an accident waiting to happen. If they were fighting in Zambia or Rangoon, I'd think along your lines a tad more. As weasel likes to remind us, betting aganist a German(resident) in Germany is iffy. How tall is Moreno? Where does he reside; is he homeless? It should be a good fight. I might consider a hedge(Sid by Dec.) or something similiar.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I thought you would promote the over for this fight. ;)

I havent seen Moreno, his record looks good, could be a bit misleading to look at the scorecards, because nearly all of his fights have been in his homecountry panama.

I have seen Siderenko though.
He's technically very sound, has a great work ethic and conditionning, and good resilience.
Siderenko is a short fight, but he likes to box and move, the hometown advantage will obviously be a factor, though the fights against Cordoba were probably scored fair and square...

I certainly wont put my money on Siderenko at those odds, but I'm not so sure, if I will take a gamble here....

Maybe a draw...!?

BTW, I'm already on the over.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007

I havent seen Moreno, his record looks good, could be a bit misleading to look at the scorecards, because nearly all of his fights have been in his homecountry panama.

He's technically very sound, has a great work ethic and conditionning, and good resilience.
Siderenko is a short fight, but he likes to box and move, the hometown advantage will obviously be a factor, though the fights against Cordoba were probably scored fair and square...

I certainly wont put my money on Siderenko at those odds, but I'm not so sure, if I will take a gamble here....

Maybe a draw...!?

Where did you find it and what is the line? I checked several sites and can't find an over/under. This one looks to go rds.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"

Maybe a draw...!?

i watched sidorenko on youtube and he`s a very sturdy looking little guy...not tall...reasonably quick...against cordoba he realized he had to get inside and he worked hard to do just that...did some bobbing and weaving...

some guys that have height and reach dusadvantages just accept it...this guy actually worked pretty hard to negate it...

it was a tough style match-up for him...fighting a taller,fairly strong lefty..they looked like they were from different weight classes to me....he ate some learher but made good use of the straight right and the uppercut inside...

he seemed to have good stamina...

and he`s won a few fights overseas...

not a great fighter,but he`s a good fighter,imo...strongly built...with a little more power,he`d be a handful...

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
I haven't seen these guys but on paper this looks to be a very tough fight for Sidorenko. Doing a little research on boxrec indicates that moreno is coming into his own and has a good shot. Moreno easily whipped Tomas Rojas who gave Jorge Arce absolute fits last sept. Moreno stopped Jose Lopez in 5 and Lopez went the dst w/Sid. Moreno dominated Herrera who knocked down cordoba twice in their fight...Cordoba fought 2 draws w/Sidorenko IN Germany. Moreno thumped Ricardo vargas in 1 in his last go...Vargas previously went the dst w/top fighters Silence Mabuza and Raphael Marquez.
I see this as a virtually even fight. Moreno has fought pro since the age of 17...I think he may be coming into his own @22. The downside is that Sid is a very solid strong fighter and this one is in Germany, nonetheless I took Moreno +325 for 5 hund. Any thoughts?
I am going to follow your lead on this one Romi. I think the odds are too wide after taking a look at Moreno's stats.

Good luck all.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
a 3-1 dog for 500?.........you talkin` dollars romi?...

man,you`ve got bigger balls than dick tracy...

500.00 to win 1625.00. It's a value play and the line has moved a little as I thought it would, so the option to hedge is certainly there for the next 2 weeks. My biggest concern is the venue. Most of here benefitted from the German venue 2 weeks back with Dzinzeruk. I think the situation is very similar to Bradley/Witter. Can Moreno get a fair deal there? The 2 draws w/ Sid/Cordoba indicate he can. I'm not really pushing the wager as much as I was just asking opinions about it. I'll be looking for the over to cover it when it comes out.

I don't want to come off as an arrogant prick but 500 isn't really a big deal. There is somebody on this board that wagers much steeper amounts than I do.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
500.00 to win 1625.00. It's a value play and the line has moved a little as I thought it would, so the option to hedge is certainly there for the next 2 weeks. My biggest concern is the venue. Most of here benefitted from the German venue 2 weeks back with Dzinzeruk. I think the situation is very similar to Bradley/Witter. Can Moreno get a fair deal there? The 2 draws w/ Sid/Cordoba indicate he can. I'm not really pushing the wager as much as I was just asking opinions about it. I'll be looking for the over to cover it when it comes out.

I don't want to come off as an arrogant prick but 500 isn't really a big deal. There is somebody on this board that wagers much steeper amounts than I do.

i wasn`t criticizing...just in awe...

not knowing a thing about, or having seen moreno,the over looks good based on a basic "boxrec" observation...

sidorenko took some shots from cordoba,yet his face looked relatively unmarked...

i always investigate whether the whiteboy cuts or breaks up...sidorenko seems pretty hardy...

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003

Not saying anything about this bet but Sidorenko has gotten quite a gift before against Joseph Agbeko. I thought Agbeko won 8 rounds.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I opened this thread several weeks back and admitedly didn't know a whole lot about Moreno besides what boxrec provided. Tomas Rojas said he was very elusive and difficult to fight. As I said before, Rojas gave Arse fits before getting caught w/the liver shot and Moreno dominated Rojas. I was glad to see Graham say some very nice and promising words about Moreno. Check out his analysis of the fight. I'm expecting the odds to move a little today but still some decnt plus odds. I certanly make sid the favorite but mostly due to the venue but I see Moreno as being very live. Grahams final thoughts on the sat matchup...

"Moreno has been winning his fights easily in the last couple of years or so, losing very few rounds, so he seems like a young man who can raise the level of his boxing, which is something he will probably need to do if he is to pull off the upset on Saturday.

Sidorenko, with all that experience, and boxing on home ground, should win ? but Moreno looks like an extremely live underdog".

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I was waiting for betfair to cover this fight and wait for some nice draw and Moreno WPTS odds, but I think I have to pull the trigger now.
I like your reasoning, excellent value a +325!

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
take the over and a shot with the dog....

what mayorga said about agbeko cuts both ways....

it tells you that sidorenko can be beaten...and it tells you that in germany,it probably doesn`t matter...you`ll have to get him out of there..