bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Anyone else cashing in on SIRI.........
(subscription radio)
Looks good to me but I gamble .......
Leads the Nasdaq in Volume each day .....over 200 m lately
and has been rising Dramatically.........I've got a double in the bank on this one and 50% in the last 2 days.
Subscriptions are growing at a rate that leads one to think this is more than a fad.....
Also...when/if Detroit adds it as original equipment......real potential will be at hand...Do your DD

Also own CORV....been beautiful .....70 to 1.35 on 20 m shares per day lately

TXCC.... has been a big winner for me as well

Own some better stocks..........GLW, JDSU,MLNM, but not nearly the fun if the aforementioned.

Gonna look at...DCTH now and TFSM...both up 50% today

GL
bear

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
TXCC up 40+ % this week

Sold HAND as news came out of their being consumed by PALM

GLW, JDSU and SUNW also moving nicely. 20+% in the last coupla weeks.

GL
bear

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
good calls bear, many stocks have had some great runs. market ignores bad news and rallies sharply on any positive result.

thanks
selkirk

MACH1

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
Southern California
www.xmission.com
Yea Bear,

I bought in a little late over a week ago at 2 bucks. I wish I had seen it last month, but that's the way it usually works for me. I had a real nice run with PTIE. Got in at 2.7 and sold at 7.5 in just one month!!

With XM Radio doing so well, we can only hope that SIRI continues its upward move.

MOBE is another that I'm looking at very closely. They are the brains behind THE MATRIX RELOADED..

Doughboy

Hoo-Hoo
Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
Austin,TX
Bear,

Didn't own SIRI, but did own MXT, INGN, and OXGN. Owned MLNM for as while, and also GLW around 4.20 with a Jan 7.50 call. Also, look for POCC to have a nice run very soon;), and ZTEL is very compelling. Just moved most of my short term holdings to cash, as there are gloomier days soon I fear. Bought Sears one week ago at 30, and now about 35. Good luck with SIRI, I would run with the profits now.

Sounds like you buy lots of small cap, and I know myself and some other friends of mine do too, so maybe we should start some idea flow on this forum?

Doughboy

Hoo-Hoo
Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
Austin,TX
Posted this on December 13th to Selkirk.

Stock was around $4-5 when I posted

Doughboy said:
JUst wondering what your thoughts on this may be. Does time release like BioVail (BVF) Has been breaking out on high volume lately, and Biovail has a huge interest in it (possibly a buyout candidate). Also has very little debt, but not too much cash also.

Appreciate all info and insight.

Doughboy
:eek:

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
good call doughboy, also biovail is up over 45% during that time.

thanks
selkirk

Doughboy

Hoo-Hoo
Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
Austin,TX
Thanks Selkirk,

Coming from you, that means a lot. Love the little biotechs, and biotechs in general. The best growing market out there is aging people, especially the baby boomers.

What do you think about SGP(Schering Plough) I bought some around $18.50 a few weeks back. Their pipeline is a little weak, but their CEO Hassan has done great things in the past. Have really good products already(Dr. Scholls to name one), and I know Claritin going OTC has given them trouble also, but I've heard that Clarinex is catching on.

Still like FLML at this point, but looking for a better entry. Biovail is such a great company. I would love to own their stock, but too rich for me right now. Do you like any biotechs?

Thanks,
DB

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Hey Guys........Its Sunday

Hey Guys........Its Sunday

And for me it is time to map a strategy for the week.......

sooooo.........First. I intend to sell 60% of my TXCC where I have an average cost of .79... This will give me a better than 50% profit on the total investment........It will give me my initial investment back and 40% of the position to run with.

Second....I'm going to liquidate CORV based on slowing momentum and its a double for me. Life has been good lately.

Third.......I'm going to hold CEGE for their cash and their large position in ABGX.......cancer vaccines may eventually payoff for them but going has been slow.......May sell out here soon with decent profit.....watching close as they have moved fast of late.

Still holding positions in GLW at just about double, JDSU and SUNW. MLNM is running ahead and moved me well past my entry of 12+ last year.

Sold off HAND after a week as news came quick and not much there. Also, the last of my gold shares BGO last week. WOW were they good to me over the last 2 years....Best was DROOY when dollar was strong vs the rand. I'm going to feel naked with no goldshares so may have to look at GSS for entry.

Good grief.....there are soooooo many small cap stocks making huge moves.....Its been fun so far!

Doughboy...thanks for the info.....will look at FLML,INGN,OXGN,POCC,ZTEL..............I'm pretty much fully invested but will raise cash this week....Biotech is ramping up and there are LOTTSA good stories out there v cancer. I'm a "BOOMER" and there are a lot like me thinking health and taking meds for one thing or another....Look for entries as it seems to be great timing for a nice run.

SIRI.......I just like the story....Slowed last week when the feeding frenzy got word of the co. issuing 75m shares at 1.80. Will soon sell 50% and run with rest.....

Selkirk.......MJ's true resident investor..hope all is well with you and continued success. How low can interest rates go here and RE appreciation? Thats what is fueling the American consumer and soon it may get scary........BUT...you are right We want to jump on good news and are so used to the bad that we now. shrug it off. FOR NOW

Mach 1.....GL with SIRI. I hear tell its better than XM but needs marketing help.....will look at MOBE ...have a good week

Sportsplayer........From CT eh!!! A UCONN man I assume.
Well, you'll see a lot more of me when football starts and ..in advance, They open with a W over Indiana at their new stadium..
As for Hoops........If Charlie Villanueva does not go pro....CT will be the CROWN PRINCE next year. They are sooooooo loaded even without him. Good luck in the stocks!

bear

Doughboy

Hoo-Hoo
Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
Austin,TX
Whaaaaaaattttttttt'ssssss UUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuPppppppppppppp

INGN and OXGN!:toast: :drinky: :firing: :firing: :bigun:

Just thought I would talk it up a little.:p

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Hey doughboy............

Hey doughboy............

Sold a bunch of stuff today........

Some becoming deadwood and can't let that happen with all these biotech....small-caps popping...

Sold out of a lotta good stocks and looking to play momentum for a while.

Bought a couple today as well..... PARS...in at 1.55 and at 1.60
up another 30% from there.

Entered VLGC at 181 at days end.....we'll see

WOW....can you believe OXGN and INGN..........just too rich now for me and up tooooo much to enter. Also watching ENMD again.

GL $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
bear

beertime

Forum Member
Aug 22, 2000
denver
should be an interesting day tommorrow with sirius announcing in the morning.

volume was good today and probably jolt tommorrow to over 200 mil?.

and then you got xm reprting the next day.

should be interesting...

Doubledown21

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 24, 2002
The problem with SIRI is the market cap. Almost 1 billon shares outstanding. XMSR is the way to go . They are the leader in the field. They have many outstanding products coming out. Also early in the 4th quarter they will have 1 million subs. Look for about 1.3 million by the years end. My target price for the end of the year should be 18 to 20 a share with a taget of $35.00 by the end of 2004. This stock could be the next AOL.

Bet on MyBookie