Six Sigma

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
Anyone certified? :shrug:

Was thinking of getting Green Belt Certification, but wasn't sure if that was basically useless, and need to get Black or MBB or nothing?

Thoughts?

TIA!

comfortable1

Useful
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2009
For a resume I'd say a greenbelt doesn't carry much weight but BB and MBB certainly does. Whether it's beneficial or not is dictated by your industry/profession. The discipline is geared towards improving process. If you're in manufacturing then it's gold but if you provide consulting services where every project is unique (my situation) then not so much. Our company was acquired by GE back in 2003 and it was required that all employees complete greenbelt certification. They brought a trainer onsite for a week and we then had to complete a small project. It was pretty useless IMO. That said, my buddy continued with the program and got his BB and he really benefited within the corporate circle. I'm sure if I wasn't jaded about the whole corporate experience with GE I might have found ways to apply. There was so much weird logic defying bureaucratic BS. That said, the benefits were great! Fortunately we were sold to a much smaller company that kicks ass.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Hogman, I think it's like a college degree for a lot of jobs. You don't need it but there are a good % of companies that won't look at you unless you have it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg