Smoker

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
Guys any lower priced smokers out there that are any decent quality? Talking under 100. I don't need something the size of an oil drum either.

If this is a laughable question, I understand.

UGA12

Forum Member
Jul 7, 2003
Between The Hedges
Yes plenty if your intent is just an occasional smoke for a few people and no not laughable at all. There are plenty of people that swear by the basic stand-up brinkman and you can pick one of those up for $50 or less. I have a few buddies whose smoker consists of three walls of cinder blocks and tin for the top and 4th wall. Redneck? Yes, but some of the greatest tasting hogs you will ever eat. Keep in mind though that they have the process dialed in and know what needs to be done to keep that constant 220ish. The cheap ones are made of very thin metal that does not hold heat so it is very difficult to maintain a constant temp. Because of this most novices choose to go with the electric or gas smoker. Same thin metal but a constant heat source that just needs smoke. The point is price means very little if you do it correctly and are dialed into your smoker, but doing it correctly and getting dialed in is more difficult the cheaper you decide to go. On the other hand it makes little sense to purchase a high price heavy gauge steel smoker if you are just going to use it a couple times a year. Nothing better than firing the smoker up in the AM and enjoying beer and friends throughout the day, the food is just a bonus:toast:

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Hogman, if I was you I would look for something used. I had never smoked anything before(well food wise) and I was worried about spending money on something that would collect rust in my backyard so I decided to buy a used electric smoker. Well the one I got sucked but I did enjoy smoking some stuff on it. I know I've seen some WSM on craigslist for pretty good deals. I just checked to make sure there are really good deals. There was a Brinkman bullet smoker for 20.00. I don't know what kind of thing you have in your area for used stuff but a smoker is something I wouldn't hesitate to buy used. If anything all you would need is new grates. You could probably find a pretty decent offset one for around 100.00.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jaxx

Go Pokes!
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2003
FL
I have a brinkman that I purchased for $35 and will be smoking pork ribs on it tomorrow while I watch the Jags game. It works great. The only downside is the quantity of meat you can smoke. Could be bigger.

:0074

Morris

Tent Maker
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Above the Clouds....
i have a bullet smoker you can have. Only used it twice and I'd have to go look to see what the brand is. Never been in the weather.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
I have a brinkman that I purchased for $35 and will be smoking pork ribs on it tomorrow while I watch the Jags game. It works great. The only downside is I have to watch the Jags. Could be bigger.

:0074

:0008 FYP

JK

Thanks for the advice!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
65087_538271896185304_1707194417_n.jpg

nice of you Morris