So much has changed.....

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Since I last posted........

Wow!

I sold all equities and got very defensive..

Bought BGO at 1.05 got impatient and sold it after a coupla weeks at 1.04............sure .........it immediatly started its climb to a double from there.

Thats OK....cuz I bought CDE at 1.32 and it also went straight up.
MY BAD.....sold half at 1.66 and fully out at 2.10 shortly therafter
Wonderful gain but it continued to over 3.

Defense has been the best policy for me ...BUT...
I don't own any stocks now and I keep waiting for entry points on stocks that keep rising (precious metals, RAD,)
I really DO NOT
like the economy.......lack of GOOD jobs, rising interest rates, (will halt the re-finance explosion and kill the housing boom...JMHO) Hell, how are people going to buy that new whatever if they can't re-fi and use equity$.......What if equity starts to drop and more jobs(white collar) which they will, get shipped overseas.. "Its just business man"
Whoa....what about TAXES....and the cost of war, and running states and local govt.........

Yup.......till I see different ....(hope I do)......I'm in cash ....except will get back into Pracious metals.........maybe do RAD again if I can buy in mid- fours....:shrug:

GL all
bear

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
my dad bought that CDE at 1.40 Sure has made some nice gains to say the least the last 2 months.

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Congrats to your dad !

Congrats to your dad !

I really cannot complain and almost bought back when it dropped from 2.90ish to 2.40ish 2 weeks ago. (wish I had)
I really want the exposure in the metals but cannot get the pullback I'm looking for.
Hopefully soon

GL Six
bear

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
Bear I do not disagree with many of your points of the overall market. However I never try to time the overall market, hard to get it correct at least for me...

The US deficit should hit $450 billion this year and probably climb to $475 billion if not more in 2004. also deficit will not go away until 2007.

For the last two years believed the US dollar was overvalued, it still could go down further. though most of the move to the downside is over.

As for gold have never been a gold bug, and prefer junior oil/gas plays to mining stories, saying that gold could go on a healthy run, so I have 5% in gold stocks (large amount for myself).

as for stocks many have just gone up higher, can give you several stocks that reported bad numbers, or news and the stock is higher in a week or two. or cases where small contracts (slightly positive) news has sent stocks up 5-10%+. People/ institutions have a great deal of money on the sidelines and now seem to want to put it in the market.

there are some stocks I own that believe are fully valued but they continue to climb, will sell some but put stop orders on them to sell if they drop 10%.

good luck
thanks
selkirk

Bet on MyBookie