So you think you can bet Preseason Football?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
///

The SD / GB game should have been a wake-up call to anyone who wants to bet big money on preseason Football.
You have no control.
Its like betting a coin toss (only if you dont parley).

Who would of thought that QB Farve was going to play until he threw a TD? If he would not have scored there, he may have played the whole game. HC Sherman is proving again to be a terrible coach.

Charger QB Rivers looked more of a rookie than GB QB Rodgers. Lemon looked like one.

The Chargers are going to let K Kaeding keep trying and missing until the end.

But in the end, you have no control. Even in the Preseason, coaches say and do different things.

//

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
I'm not sure you have control in the regular season either, 4bubba.

While I agree that no-one really expected Favre to play so long, it shouldn't have mattered.

SD had about 120 more total yards...and I thought Rivers looked ok tbh...Lemon too!

In the end it comes down to a) Some terrible officiating which cost SD 3 points (or did it! lol!!)....b) Another terrible holding call which put SD 3rd and 20, and not 1st and goal at the 5....c) 3 missed FG's by the No.1 kicker.

The fact is that that stuff will happen in Weeks 1 through 17, and people will be herre ranting their heads off!...But in pre-season it's just dismissed as 'pre-season'.

SD was the right side to be on (imo), it just didn't quite work out that way.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

stlrocker

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2004
You don't ever have control over any sport, but you have more control in the regular season than you do pre season.

How can anyone bet on pre season in any sport??

Rock On,
\,,/ \,,/

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
///

I agree.

In the regular season, both coaches want to win. All the players know who is gonig to play.

One of my sayings (about being on the right side) is:

"THE ONLY GOOD BET IS A WINNING BET"

Good luck everyone.

////

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
///

A clarification....

Sitting in the Sports Book Bars around Vegas, countless times people have come up, looked at my ticket for an upcoming game, and said "Good Bet".
I always say "I will tell you after the game if you are right".

"THE ONLY GOOD BET IS A WINNING BET"

///

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
///

Clarification 2

I am only talking about serious bets. I routinely go and bet $20 - $40 parleys on a couple of teams each week.Thats is the only way i can watch them. I skim the sports pages and play a little.

I was a little surprised that Arizona Charlies in Vegas had parley cards for the entire weekend in the NFL.

///

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
///

This is how to bet preseason football............

You look for a team (at home usually) that has a highly emotional issue to stoke the team. A great example was Carolina that honored ex-LB Mills who died.

It pulled the team together with a much greater impact than any normal Preseason game.

Panthers retire Mills' jersey at halftime

NFL.com wire reports

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Aug. 13, 2005) -- The Carolina Panthers honored the late Sam Mills at halftime of their preseason game Aug. 13 by retiring his jersey.

Mills, who played three seasons with the Panthers and was an assistant coach in the organization for seven more, died in April after a nearly two-year battle with cancer.

"Since his retirement, no other Carolina Panther has ever worn No. 51," Carolina owner Jerry Richardson said. "We are proud to say as of tonight no Panther player will ever wear this number again."

Mills, a five-time Pro Bowl linebacker, is the only player in Carolina's Hall of Honor. There is also a bronze statue of him outside of their stadium that was erected following his retirement.

Sam Mills III, an assistant with the Panthers, accepted the framed No. 51 jersey on behalf of his family.

"My father was proud to be a Panther and I am happy to know that all of you guys supported him all the years he was here," his son said. "This is a wonderful way to close a very important chapter in his life."

A video of Mills' highlights was shown to the crowd, as well as a clip from a speech linebacker Mark Fields made at the ESPY awards earlier this year. Fields is also battling cancer and will sit out this season while undergoing treatment.

"One thing Sam Mills used to say before he passed away was you've got to 'Keep pounding, keep pounding, keep pounding,' " Fields said.

Keep Pounding was the expression Mills and Fields used to rally Carolina during the 2003 season while they both sat out with cancer. The Panthers went to the Super Bowl that season and credited Mills and Fields for inspiring them.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg