Some early ones I played...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

BGFalcon

Degenerate
Forum Member
Jan 3, 2005
Strongsville, Ohio
ULM/FSU O53--ULM's offense should be able to score a little bit and their defense should allow FSU to score a lot.

Ohio St./Akron U48.5--Buckeyes have no receivers and too many QB's along with a rookie head coach. Their defense is strong making it difficult for Akron to score. I think we will see a reincarnation of Tresselball.

Michigan/WMU U60.5--It is probably crazy to play an under with Michigan's defense and their returning cast on offense. But, I don't think Hoke will let this game become a shootout if possible. Michigan needs to find a feature back and will focus on that while possibly looking ahead to ND.

FIU -13.5 N. Texas--FIU and Troy are head and shoulders above the rest of the Sun Belt (sort of like being the tallest midgets) and should have no trouble with N. Texas.

Reactions: Another Steve
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BGFalcon

Degenerate
Forum Member
Jan 3, 2005
Strongsville, Ohio
BGSU +7.5 Idaho--I thought this might move the other way but was wrong. Grab it now before it gets to 7. Idaho shouldn't be laying more than a TD to anyone.

Full court press

Genuine
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2009
Great Lakes
Feeling strongly about that Akron under. Unless Akron gets a very short field from a turnover or big return I don't see them scoring more than 7. Buckeye playbook should be short and sweet and I don't see them stretching Akron's D a whole lot.

Like the BG under as well. Neither has the offense they did in the last matchup.

Going small on Akron + the points just because...:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Full court press

Genuine
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2009
Great Lakes
FCP-=Homer:mj07:

Hard to be a homer when supporting the Zips football squad. Another bleak season is expected but I think that they can win a handfull of games. They benched QB Nicely, who was a train wreck last year, in favor of the much more moble Clayton Moore who was an Ole Miss signee via the JUCO ranks. With the inexperience in the other skilled positions, this should be a major plus in itself.

The DL will be better and the LB corps should be pretty good with Wagner leading the way. This kid is a stud. The worry here is the DB's who will probably get beat by the long ball by a pretty solid group of returning MAC QBs.

Most everybody here says the Zips may win 1 or 2 games this year. I'm going with 4 wins. Coach Ianello was rather shocked by what he had to work with last year after arriving from ND. I'm one of the few here that thinks he has a chance to be a decent head coach. He has a great personality and should recruit very well. If given 4-5 years, he'll turn this thing around.

As far as the MAC goes, look for W Mich and Kent St to be valid sleepers this year. NIU remains the team to beat.

Sorry for the clutter BG, I'm cutting way down on my own posts this year. Maybe only 15-20 games. When I do post they will be my best of the best.

BTW: I reloaded my 5 dimes to take advantage of your first class HS views.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Full court press

Genuine
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2009
Great Lakes
3-1 (I don't know what happened to Villanova).

They heard that I liked them a bit. :facepalm:

Actually i had planed to stay away from Temple until I was sure that some questions were answered. I had tons of respect for Golden and I wasn't sure that the coaching change would mesh well with the roster.

Also of concern was a loss of some key defenders and the health and burst of RB Pierce who came back off a serious injury. Well, they all passed the test. Pierce's numbers were great.

A 4-0 turnover ratio didn't help the cause either. So is Temple that much better than expected or does 'Nova really blow ??

BGFalcon

Degenerate
Forum Member
Jan 3, 2005
Strongsville, Ohio
Taking a little bit on Sparty/YSU U32.5 for the first half.

(FYI, This is a total points bet not a futures bet for number of current/potential felons on both rosters.)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BGFalcon

Degenerate
Forum Member
Jan 3, 2005
Strongsville, Ohio
Saturday results

Saturday results

4-3, +1.7 units. Got a bad break when the Mich/WMU under and WMU under 23.5 got cancelled. I think those would have been winners.

YTD: 8-4, +4.6 units