Some possibilities at the BIG M tonight Sat. Dec 27

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Just passing along some thoughts on a few that you might want to keep an eye out for tonight at the Meadowlands. None of these should be heavy chalk, and all should carry some value in their closing odds.

Race 3) #6 ROMMEL ....9-2 morning line. Looked like he was live last week, but had no where to go....was bottled up in traffic. Loses the better driver this week, but that'll help with better odds...might be worth a shot

Race 4) #8 UNCLE BROMAC N.....7-2 morning line. This horse is moving up in class which is usually a negative, however, when moving up in class off a claim with some extra time off since the claim makes it a positive. Should be right there at the end.

Race 7) #8 JK BANDIT....9-2 morning line. Was blocked behind a wall of horses in his last start. A little better position in the race should net you a nice price.

Race 9) #3 MAJOR MACKINTOSH......15-1 morning line on this one and will probably go off much, much higher than that, but if you're looking at a nice overlay, this one could be bombs away. Not a good driver here, but the horse looks like he can be there if given the trip the chance and a decent trip...I expect to be at least 25-1 to upwards of 50-1...might be worth a few bucks or you might want to use him in the exacta or tri

GOOD LUCK :)

-ndnfan

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
penguin...we'll see what happens. I live in basically the middle of a ton of harness tracks. Hopefully I can be of some help this winter on here.

One more possible play at the Meadowlands:

Race 2) #9 Royal Knight.....6-1 morning line, has one of the best trainers in the country in Noel Daley and might be sharper with this being just his 2nd start since his layoff. Also 1st time lasix. Is moving up a little, but might be the classiest horse in here....his best win time earlier this year was faster than the rest in here. Might be ready to go. This race also has the "clunker" I posted last weekend in Legend Hall who has the 8 post. Should be interesting to see what he does as well. No way I can play him, but it's not out of the ordinary for the harness horses to pop a week after you cap them too.

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
I am a thoroughbred guy, not harness racing, but I was at the track last night and watched the races you posted about (even wagered on a couple) and even with the little knowledge I have of harness racing I can see you did not get the benefit of one decent trip in those races, DAMN, it was like a contest to see who could get boxed in the worst.
Rough night for me last night at the OTB all the way around:(

Keep posting those plays though, we need some action in this forum, probably more profitable than the regular sports forums and yet gets the least views.

Good Luck

Penguinfan

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
penguinfan.....Kind of strange betting there last night. All were bet down more than I expected. ..Rommel was WAY overbet which was something I didn't expect. Uncle Bromac N had surprisingly 2 claims entered on him for 30,000 in his first start since being claimed for 20K or 20K+. Normally that's an added plus. Thought he would be all out with that going on, the problem was if you watched the race he was sore...I believe favoring his right side the whole race...new owners probably didn't like seeing that.

Basically, not too far from the following: Hazel Park, Northville Park, Toledo Raceway Park, Cleveland Northfield Park, Scioto Downs, Lebonon Raceway. Also, I get the feed of almost all the tracks at home so if you have any any questions on harness capping, let me know. Know a couple trainers and have been around the sport for a long time. Probably not much different than the T-breds, but with each horse racing so many times a year, there's a lot of little recognizable angles that can be used to your advantage. Hard to post actual plays for the smaller tracks because of the small pools, but will throw some up on occasion as well as the Big M.

Also on a side note, if you don't have money in Pinnacle for the ponies, it's a must....the rebate deal is unreal....don't know how they can get away with that.

GL