SOS

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
Going forward : Do we have to consider the SOS of SF, KC, & Phil when trying to predict the last team standing ? I'v already thrown out KC & Phil. I'm not a big sos guy but it's glaring to me !

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Going forward : Do we have to consider the SOS of SF, KC, & Phil when trying to predict the last team standing ? I'v already thrown out KC & Phil. I'm not a big sos guy but it's glaring to me !

If Jalen is healthy and that's a still a concern, than Philly will play at home against SF in the championship and this will be an Eagles -2.5 line, unless SF continues to dominate , than maybe closer to a pickem.. If he is unable to risk his shoulder by running than we're in trouble and that includes the 1st playoff game. Eagles need a healthy Jalen to compete through the playoffs, with their RPO game.

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
If Jalen is healthy and that's a still a concern, than Philly will play at home against SF in the championship and this will be an Eagles -2.5 line, unless SF continues to dominate , than maybe closer to a pickem.. If he is unable to risk his shoulder by running than we're in trouble and that includes the 1st playoff game. Eagles need a healthy Jalen to compete through the playoffs, with their RPO game.

Looking at the Eagles season, even with a healthy Jalen. Does their SOS concern you ? They haven't had to beat anyone the likes they may face in the SB.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Man, nice catch there. While I haven't drank the Eagles' Kool-Aid all year, this just reinforces my opinion of them. Per the DVOA rankings, they are dead last in SOS. And looking at their schedule... holy crap. I'm hard pressed to pick a best win. Over Dallas, with Cooper Rush? Over a Minnesota team that I think most of us know is pretty bad? And both of those were in the first 6 weeks of the season. Since then? They beat one playoff team. They barely beat Indy and Chicago. I hope Hurts is healthy, so I can get proper value betting against them.

Speaking of Minnesota (Bleeding Purple, if you're reading, you may want to look away)... their expected wins based on the DVOA #s... 6.3. Six. Point. Three!! I mean, give them credit for winning games they shouldn't have, but they aren't even mediocre. They're bad.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Oh, in regards to the other 2... I wouldn't be rushing to hammer KC, but they tend to play to the level of their opponent. Their defense is still weak though. Pretty much any AFC team in the playoffs could beat them.

I think SF is pretty legit. Even though their SOS is 31st, that defense is solid. Of course, the big question is how will Purdy handle playoff pressure? Their ground game will relieve some of that pressure.

I love SF to win the NFC. I got them at +275, about 4 days before the Garoppolo injury. Still like them at +180, even with Purdy. Depending on how Purdy looks this week, I almost hope Garoppolo doesn't come back for the NFC Championship game, as he may be able to do. He hasn't been great in the playoffs, even though he has a 4-2 record as a starter.

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Looking at the Eagles season, even with a healthy Jalen. Does their SOS concern you ? They haven't had to beat anyone the likes they may face in the SB.

Definitely but all the strength is in the AFC top 3 teams and San Francisco. San Francisco has scared me since they picked up McCaffrey, how do you stop them? The Eagles have the match ups defensively to do this at home against them. Avanti Maddox can cover slot receiver, they are deep this year at defensive backs, and have added elements to their D line. Offensively, Lane Johnson is returning for playoffs, if he can perform, they will be tough to beat. Goedert and Jalen healthy will be tough with their rpos. San Francisco looking like world beaters on both sides of the ball, but the Eagles match up well against them if they meet in championship game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg