South region

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
Texas wins 1st game they play lsu/purdue---purdue has not been good down the stretch they were my personal pick for a suprise this year they have scorers lsu has played great down the stretch being played in Alabama give edge to lsu to play texas

next four I like Uconn but can see any of the 4 winning to games San diego is the biggest stretch but they have a bruiser in the middle and can give stanford tussle

maryland xavier to face off unc-wilmington had suprise last year against usc not this year question here is if west can carry them if he gets in foul trouble they are average at best

mich st and colorado can be a good game; but mich st goes absent on the offense of end and buffs have center that will give them fits winner plays florida and if they aren't beat up can get this game by controlling tempo

mansa_musa

Forum Member
Mar 11, 2001
Las Vegas, NV USA
All of my darkhorse picks to go to the Final 4 are in this region! Stanford, UConn & Maryland. All 3 have size, scoring & coaching to compete with Texas. Why couldnt one or 2 of these squads get into the Midwest region w Kentucky?

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
update

update

Lsu to beat Purdue and face Texas. I believe will be close game but longhorns pull it out.

here is where I can't make up mind yet. sdiego to beat stanford trying to get upset here feel the winner here gets only one win. next game in this bracket could be a good one byu can shoot the ball but uconn has okafor(if he stays out of foul trouble they advance) winner of this game will advance Right know if byu wins they will shift over to the midwest region and maybe the NCAA makes sure that doesn't happen

maryland and xavier to win 1st round and then meet; with Maryland getting by West and his boys

michigan st to get colorado better coaching even though spartans can't score at times. They face off with Florida and gators get the win with way more offense.

If Uconn beats byu they beat Texas, if byu wins Texas advances but on my sheet I will put Uconn over Texas in San Antonio

maryland I am wishy-washy on as well will give edge to maryland with better rebounding and experience but could be classic game. Whoever wins goes onto the final four. Maryland

Bet on MyBookie