Southern Farm Bureau all 100/1 places podunk nowheresville tournament

AussieVamp2

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2000
Ok, Psychic Friends hotline wouldnt tell me the winner, Stanstradamus has no stats, how you supposed to work this one out?
smile.gif

Pick longest priced guy to place?

AussieVamp2

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2000
and one interesting difference

Kraft is 41.00 at Hill
and 81.00 some other places

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AussieVamp2

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2000
perhaps because he has placed here before they made him 41.00? Won it on a different course golfstats says. Been 'slightly' better finishwise last couple I guess too.

AussieVamp2

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2000
So your $2 shop selections for this one, after this immense amount of research. No, have not done the course suitability thing
smile.gif

J. Kaye 34.00 EW

Ok here, 2 places, 4 cuts last 8, so knows how to place at least?

G. Day 26.00 EW

After what you would call a faecal run of getting the chop 4 times in a row breakout to finish 6th last week.

G. Kraft 81.00 EW (just because of Keith Elliott's entertaining DYM player category)

Likely total loss, $6
smile.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Got enough to do this week with two season-ending line-grabbing tournaments to cap. But with the aid of good old-fashioned instinct rather than statistical diarrhoea, here would be my plays:

Brad Faxon 18/1 e/w @ Paddy Power
Coming off three straight weeks of top-30 finishes, including 6th in the Tampa Bay Classic, he looks a quality player in this field. Was 17th last year in rain-shortened event and the dryer conditions will improve his chances this week

Frank Lickliter 25/1 e/w @ Victor Chandler, Paddy Power or Surrey
Missed cut last week broke run of two consecutive 3rd place finishes and three top-five positions in previous four tournaments. Given the punishing schedule they set themselves at the end of the season, it would have been a welcome rest in the end. Recent finishes of 19th & 35th on course are good enough, plus his strongest element of his game is his driving accuracy and this is a tight tree-lined course where accuracy is at a premium

Paul Stankowski 40/1 e/w @ Paddy Power
Little golfed of late, so will have a good edge over most of the field, plus he has a great record in this event: 18th two years ago and 3rd last year. Somewhat surprising as he is not the straightest hitter in the world, but he is fresh and is coming here without pressure and with a desire to return to a course on which he has played well before.

Can get better prices down your way AV: Global Sportsbet have Faxon & Lickliter 25/1 and Stankowski 50/1, while DAS match them on Lickliter & Stankowski, but both only pay e/w on first four places

Would agree with Ian, Henninger over Lewis looks a good play; would also lean towards Paulson over Mattiace, Perry over Glasson, Kendall over Kelly, Sindelar over Scherrer and Tway over Watts and would make definite plays of Edwards over Clark & Moss over Russ Cochran.

Looks like I need to add Simon Bold to the listings on my site! I held back on whether to post stats/analysis on the site this week to see if there any matchups that I would like from my listings, but not a single one. Should definitely take a closer look at Simon Bold now, though they seem to be very erratic in whether they produce 72-hole matchup lines or not.

[This message has been edited by Stanley (edited 11-02-2000).]

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
AV2
Where are you from? I saw your reference to Elliott and wondered how you had heard of him if not from the UK?
Speak to him occasionally and think that his book is a good overall guide if you bet on golf

AussieVamp2

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2000
Melbourne.

Either saw it on the web (i.e. highstakes bookshop), in a magazine or possibly a friend told me. One or the other.

When I was in Vegas, asked the Gambler's Bookshop if they had one, didn't know what I was talking about. However, they did have a 95 version in their second hand section.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
Bet on MyBookie