sports junkie

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
I hope you do not mind me heading a topic with your name but i think you might be able to help in my analysis of these plays.

My total system has generated the following plays for Saturday and it sounds like you follow the Caps pretty closely.

The three plays generated for Saturday totals so far are :

Caps/STL over 5
Dall/Nash over 5
Bost/NJ over 5 (top play)

what do you think about the Caps going over 5 versus the Blues? I know that the Caps have had trouble scoring of late so I thought I would get your thoughts before I make the play in the morning.

Thanks in advance and good luck on Saturday.

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
Do you think Billington will be in net on Saturday? If he is do you think this will help the total go over 5?

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
just checked the lines again at Olympic before going to bed and I see they now have the caps/blues total at 5 1/2, if my other books don't have it at 5 it will be a no play- still interested in what you have to say though-

thanks-

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
hope you dont mind if i say something. watched the stars nashville game tonight. dallasas really changed styles and reverted back to their old ways tonight. shots on goal dallas 24 nash 16, not many good quality chances,dallas really limited their opportunities, they seem to handle nashville well. also nashville will be playing 4th game in 5 days and hitchcock said he would start belfour again on saturday since he has so much success against them. my books have it at 5.5 und -120 and i am leaning that way right now. may make a side total of dallasmoneyline/und5.5(+191)

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 11-03-2001).]

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
thanks wigs, appreciate the info, the problem with my total system is that it is based on what has happened so far but if Dallas changed their system than I will lay off of this one- last night was the first night this week where I did not watch all the games, I was out most of the night-

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Chenker, one of mine has it at Ov 5 -125. That total is very tough to call. STL is scoring almost 3 goals a game and taking over 30 shots but have given up a bunch too. The Caps have been very good on the PP this year, but last night broke a long PP slump for them, and their PK is near 75%. Not good. Those stats would seem to support the over, but the Caps recent scoring woes really throw a kink in things. Also, STL is a decent defensive club. The Caps have significantly outshot their opponents the last 3 games, yet have 2 losses and a tie to show for it. Btw, in the game last night they should have lost but got a gift PP with just over 2 min left and tied it with just over a minute left.

More important than any of the above, Jagr had his knee aggrevated last night in OT by a somewhat questionable check into the boards. I don't know that he even traveled to STL with the team last night, and the paper today speculates that he did not. He and Bondra have basically been the entire offense since the 1st week of the season. Kolzig did not see many shots last night, so he might play today, but with this being their 4th back to back set it is hard to say. Billington is a very good goalie. When he does play he seems to get very little goal support since it is often on back to backs that he plays, and often sees a ton of shots for the same reason.

I guess what I am saying is there are too many question marks for WASH right now in terms of Jagr, starting goalie and scoring inconsistencies to support the over. I think you would be in a position of needing STL to give you a bunch of goals to get it.

Hope that helps. I personally would pass on that total.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I thought about that one too, shats, but passed on it. NJ avg over 4 goals per game at home and over 3 overall in the last 5 games, but BOS does not score many goals on the road. Under 5-1 on the road for Boston. A push would not surprise me.

Bet on MyBookie