St. Louis

CrazyHorse

giveit2 21
Forum Member
Nov 29, 2000
Atlanta GA
I was already going to put a unit on STL to win the series with COL. Now I see Forsberg is out so the price is rising. Got it at +110 but it was +130 and is -102 now at 5 dimes. If anything I would rather Forsberg play so STL would be around +150 or so to win the series. Taking:

St. Louis +110 (series) two units.
St. Louis +115 (game 1) one unit.

I already felt Colorado's confidence has to be down after LA took them to the brink. Now with this news and STL sky high after sweeping Dallas, I like STL even more in this series.

St. Louis in six!!

Good luck to all who are playing tonight's PIT/BUF game. It is a no play for me.

Way out West

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2000
Vancouver,BC,Canada
I think St.Louis is a good bet on the series and to win the cup. St.Louis was the best team in the NHL until the injury bug caught up with them. They are healthy now, have had some rest and rolled through Dallas. Turek proved last series that he can play in the playoffs. Sakic is still hurting, you could tell he tried to avoid being hit on his bad shoulder and now with Forsberg out, I can see how the price has changed.

Mr. Promises Delivered

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 1, 1999
New York
Personally I love the Avs in 5 even without Forseberg as this team is the deepest in my eyes from what's left of them with the Devils a close second & I think they could afford to be without Forseberg.

Of course I would love to have him on our team but don't feel like its panic time just yet.

I hope they keep pounding St. Louis as I'll just pound the otherside.

By the way Olympic still has St. Louis as a dog @ +105 if you're interested.

Mr. Promises Delivered

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 1, 1999
New York
Originally posted by Way out West:
I think St.Louis is a good bet on the series and to win the cup. St.Louis was the best team in the NHL until the injury bug caught up with them. They are healthy now, have had some rest and rolled through Dallas. Turek proved last series that he can play in the playoffs. Sakic is still hurting, you could tell he tried to avoid being hit on his bad shoulder and now with Forsberg out, I can see how the price has changed.

I admit St. Louis has come on of late but at the same time I just am not a believer in Turek just yet, one minute he looks brilliant and the next minute he looks like he couldn't stop the puck from going in even if he had help right next to him.

I think the momentum of St Louis has to be hurt just a tad bit with all this time off & no offense but who have they beaten so far.

San Jose was a so so test & Dallas was dead before the series even started.

I think the Avs can build off of game 7.

You're damn right about Sakic though, gingerally skating the ice like an ice skater, I hope he toughens up for the Blues.

My hats go off to Felix Potvin as he is my NHL MVP of the last month in change as this man single handially led his team to the playoffs & fell just short of taking them to the conf finals.

Nice work FP

CrazyHorse

giveit2 21
Forum Member
Nov 29, 2000
Atlanta GA
Turek is my #1 concern when it comes to the series bet but I feel the Blues' team defense will help him out. Hopefully he can continue his great play, but we'll see. Hate to go against Mr. PD but I really like the Blues here with or w/o Forsberg for Colorado.
Regardless it should be a great series.

Agree 100% on Potvin. That team played an awesome playoffs and they should be proud.

Bet on MyBookie