Starting Early with some dogs

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Looking at decent, older teams who are in a "must win" situation vs teams that are likely in the dance aleady..so here they are:

GWU + 105 vs St Joes...St Joes is definitely in the dance...been playing great lately...GWU, up and down all year and out of the tourney w/o a win today...GWU can score for sure...they'll need to play better D and rebound better than they've done lately...but that's why I like them in this one...when you know there's no tomorrow, D and rebounding typically get better...I think GWU has to win one more after St Joes to make it in...they are a collection of older mature players who I think will rise to the occassion today

Richmond + 4 1/2...same kind of team as GWU in that they are an older bunch who've played togehter for awhile now...Dayton also in the tourney so give me the must win team who's pretty decent...think Spiders at least keep this within a bucket or two.

South Florida + 11 1/2....don't think they win but think they stay under double digits..they play real tough underneath and will fight like hell to win this one...last time out they lost to Temple they covered based on pure luck and grit...see a grind it out game again today with Temple maybe winning by 8 or so.

Memphis + 3 1/2...also a decent team that must win...although Tulsa may have to win as well to advance to the big dance...these are very even clubs...I like the points but could seen Memphis pulling this out...Memphis needs to almost win the tourney to get in...and they just might...they are an older, cohesive team that shouldn't wilt under pressure.

Wizards + 3 1/2 in the Pros...an absolute must win tonight against a lesser foe..Bradley Beal back..ML + 140 also...

HoopsGuru

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2004
i'm a st joe's fan and a pretty objective one. I don't think they are a lock to get in at this point, a win vs GW and they are in. They've actually been playing horribly lately. Bad performance at the bonnies and a brutal loss on senior day against duquense. martelli had a chance to win game #400 on senior day and the team was flat against a poor duquense squad. St Joe's played one of their best games of the year a month ago at GW and smoked them. As long as they can limit off rebounds for GW and have a fg % in the mid 40's i see them winning this game by about 5-8 pts. Playing in brooklyn is like a home game for them with the fans that will be there. They played at barclay's earlier this year beating VT handily.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Seton Hall + 5 1/2

Seton Hall + 5 1/2

Adding Seton Hall + 5 1/2....same theory as others about must win vs team with no must win...think they need 1 more win to ensure they are in the Big Dance...they are very talented bunch and think they match up well vs Xavier, good guard play both teams...SH can score and hit 3s......played the ML + 170 as well....

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Add Florida + 5 1/2

Add Florida + 5 1/2

Line has moved 2 points so $$ on Texas A&M....I like the 5 1/2 points..Florida has to win to get to the dance..A&M might be in already....Florida can shoot the ball and A&M not so much..over under dropping too which makes me think closer game but the line moving toward Florida's favor...could see an outright win for Florida if they are hitting their 3s..