Stupidity of Vikings Org (Nobody Cares)

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
I know nobody cares but maybe I will feel better blasting the management of a Viking organization whos color resembles all the games they have choked away in my lifetime.

For the love of God this team can't fix it's offensive line problems. They can't draft this position for shit, every year their QB gets killed on 3rd down cause teams rush the middle and down he goes. Speaking of QB's what a signing that was? I mean I won't blame everything on Cousin's play but if you can't get an offensive line then you better get a QB who can run a little bit. the main problem isn't so much Cousins play but his contract, 35 million in 2021 and then 45 million in 22, I mean JFC, They could have been free and clear of his contract TODAY! Nope Spielman the GM misread the team and extended and restructured? WHY WHY WHY????!!!! to sign over the hill TE Kyle fucking Rudolph? to keep Anthony Barr? We could have been free of all of it and had 45 million cap space. What in God's green earth did they see? they replaced all their corners with rookies and inexperienced players? They were replacing a defensive tackle and end who had been a mainstay for years, they couldn't see they were going to regress? So you know what is going to happen now? They will extend Cousins even a few more years to lower the 21 and 22 cap, BIG MISTAKE! Spielman and Zimmer are in a win now mode because their jobs are on the line, but they extend the never ending carousel of building a perfect roster because that's what it takes for Cousins to win the big games. I know his numbers look good but they had an extremely easy schedule and still finished 7 - 9. They won't contend in 21, they have a shot in 22 cause they did have a good drafts in 19 and 20 but they still have to replace the offensive line. it would have been nice to be out of the Cousins contract, did whatever to trade up and get a young QB to groom for the 22 season, hell they could have got Fitpatrick for 21 and have said draft pick ready for 2022 to take over and have a boat load of cap room to fix the offensive line through free agency because I have ZERO confidence they can draft it.

RANT OVER

Last edited:

Northern Star

Forum Member
May 9, 2005
Look on the bright side....they could have been in the NFC Championship game and then used their first two picks to draft their third string QB and running back.

Just saying

ryanmcgwyer

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2004
Baton Rouge LA
Usually I disagree with everything you write bleeding because you are such a homer but you are 100 percent correct here! I am a Green Bay fan and literally got sick during the draft! It as the worst draft of all time! I?d love is the next Lynn dickey, which I am sure he isn?t, it?s a huge bust. The te out of cin is garbage the only guy any good is the lb from Minnesota. No team has done less to help a superstar Qb than Green Bay. The front office should be on trial for how poorly they have supported Aaron Rodgers. No free agents, poor draft! They could have gone after Antonio Brown or any free agent to help Rodgers. How about our dumb ass coach who kicks a fg with the league mvp ? You go for it! If you don?t get it you have them pinned deep in their end. Sickening the way that game went! I am starting to feel like a saints fan!

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Usually I disagree with everything you write bleeding because you are such a homer but you are 100 percent correct here! I am a Green Bay fan and literally got sick during the draft! It as the worst draft of all time! I?d love is the next Lynn dickey, which I am sure he isn?t, it?s a huge bust. The te out of cin is garbage the only guy any good is the lb from Minnesota. No team has done less to help a superstar Qb than Green Bay. The front office should be on trial for how poorly they have supported Aaron Rodgers. No free agents, poor draft! They could have gone after Antonio Brown or any free agent to help Rodgers. How about our dumb ass coach who kicks a fg with the league mvp ? You go for it! If you don?t get it you have them pinned deep in their end. Sickening the way that game went! I am starting to feel like a saints fan!

I may be a homer but I?ve been fairly right about the packers. Shortly after I got here and after Packers won super bowl i wrote how McCarthy and Thompson were block heads living off of Rodgers. They were damm
Lucky the packers caught lightning in a bottle that Super Bowl season or Rodgers he ringless

The draft the packers had last year is still mind boggling. Now they are one year behind and everyone is pointing to Dillon but he?s still not an upgrade to Jones who they will lose. They could have had Queen running their middle but I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadeye

Forum Member
Oct 22, 2006
south texas
vikes

vikes

hey BP long time no chat; i followed the vikes closely years ago when my son in law played on them for 8 seasons; always enjoyed your emotional posts on the team; their management back then was a total joke and i guess continues; anyway just wanted to says hello and hope you are doing well

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
hey BP long time no chat; i followed the vikes closely years ago when my son in law played on them for 8 seasons; always enjoyed your emotional posts on the team; their management back then was a total joke and i guess continues; anyway just wanted to says hello and hope you are doing well

I remember us chatting. Who again was your son in law? Offensive line?

deadeye

Forum Member
Oct 22, 2006
south texas
vikings

vikings

hey BP; Ced Griffin played on national championship team with Texas; corner; winfield was on other side; pretty physical pair; injuries shortened ced's career (damn new orleans nfc championship game) had so much fun back then going to the games etc

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
hey BP; Ced Griffin played on national championship team with Texas; corner; winfield was on other side; pretty physical pair; injuries shortened ced's career (damn new orleans nfc championship game) had so much fun back then going to the games etc

Oh yes i remember him, #23 yep he was physical. That game still crushes me, give him by best.

People forget that these players are actual humans and have families

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Well they are bouncing back maybe, signing of Tomlinson and Peterson should help out, really excited for Tomlinson to line up next to Pierce in the middle. Pierce opted out last season and they get Hunter and their line backers back.

IX_Bender

Forum Member
Well they are bouncing back maybe, signing of Tomlinson and Peterson should help out, really excited for Tomlinson to line up next to Pierce in the middle. Pierce opted out last season and they get Hunter and their line backers back.

Your confidence in Peterson is ........... unsettling.

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ates-offseason-major-moves-trades/4581737001/

Minnesota Vikings
Lost: RB Mike Boone, S Anthony Harris, DT Jaleel Johnson, LB Hardy Nickerson, DE Ifeadi Odenigbo, LB Eric Wilson

Released: K Dan Bailey, CB Tae Hayes, OT Riley Reiff, TE Kyle Rudolph, DT Shamar Stephen, CB Cordrea Tankersley

Re-signed: RB Ameer Abdullah, WR Chad Beebe (1 year), G Dakota Dozier (1 year), OT Rashod Hill (1 year)

Signed: CB Mackensie Alexander, K Greg Joseph, CB Patrick Peterson (1 year, $10M, per NFL Network), DT Dalvin Tomlinson (2 years, $22M), DL Stephen Weatherly (1 year, $2.5M), LB Nick Vigil (1 year, $1.35M), S Xavier Woods (1 year, max $2.25M)

Traded for: OL Mason Cole (from Cardinals)

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Well the organization not so stupid this draft gaining 2 third round picks to move down to 23. This draft will be the key IF the Vikings have any shot of contending anytime soon. They addressed the offensive line and got a free dart throw at QB Kelly Mond. Can?t be too upset with this draft and all the picks they had. Pundits have given them high marks but I remember the year they drafted Troy Williamson and Erasmus James, pundits were tripping over themselves giving the Vikes A+ draft grades. Not one player made it past 3 years on the team and they all sucked quite frankly

Bet on MyBookie