Sucker bets??

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JSMOOTH

They still suck
Forum Member
Feb 2, 2001
Ann Arbor, Ohio
I'm not pep or phoenix but I don't think Pitt +3 is a sucker bet. I'm not sure if I'll play it yet, but I've been going against the Steelers pretty much all season as favs....expecting them to blow it sooner or later, and they keep winning. Maybe not ATS, but regardless...winning. Now, here they are as dogs.

NE-4 however may be one. Although home divisional dogs have been doing pretty well ATS.

Ndfan

Forum Member
Nov 7, 2001
Del Mar, CA
I think the Pitt +3 is a sucker bet, but NE -4, isn't that bad. Buffulo might be the worst team in the leauge right now. I would pass on both those games. What do you think about Oakland -4?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Beatrix Potter

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
I wouldn't play oakland. Their defense is too suspect, don't know when they'll come out to play. If you're looking to play this game, take the OVER. Oakland has an offense capable of putting up many points, and with Flutie scrambling around, Chargers throw em on the board as well. If weather permits, take the OVER

hawk3675

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
hillsdale, mi. 49250 USA
if Pitt+3 is a sucker bet then i`m a sucker! the only reasoning i can come up with is that Pitt doesnt need this game, Balt does. as far NE-4 i think thats a sound play also. buffablow? I agree with BP on oak over, also the side with oak -4, LT should have great game but oak covers. good gaming.

phoenix566

Cannabis Sativa
Forum Member
Jun 20, 2001
inside your head
i view 'sucker plays' as any road favorite. especially divisional road favorites. NE certainly qualifies this week. so does OAK, MIN, PHI, STL & GB. As such I will not be on any of these teams. not saying i'll be against them yet either, but Det, Was & SD appear to have some value at first blush. have been real busy this week so need to further analyze.

I'm not saying that the 'sucker' sides will not win, just that playing them over the long haul has proven to be a losing proposition. except of course for those gifted enough to hone in on the 'sure' ones.

pittsburgh line would seem more like a 'trap' to me, but then again I don't believe in traps...unless of course they are actually the same as 'sucker plays'....

regarding NE specifically, I agree they 'should' win, but the Buffalosers always seem to play them tough and would have covered last matchup if not for a late garbage TD. this game smells an awful lot like a pass for me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg