Suffolk Downs Wed 10/12

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Jimboski

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2005
Florida
Courtesy results for HM

Courtesy results for HM

2nd race: GOOD second place finish. Looks like the no. 1 entry were tough in this one. Check out the show payoff on HM's pick...

place: $2.60
Show: $4.00

Hope you remembered the Win/Place/Show @ 2 or 3x, good buddy.

HM, I used to play Suffolk once in awhile on days when Philly didn't run. I think it's the kinda track that can be beat IF YA STUDY THE WAY IT PLAYS REAL HARD. It does take quite a bit of studying and even much more time. Like YEARS. WAY more time than most players will devote to anything.

Here's something that may make all this read a bit more sane.... ...
N.Y. (3 major tracks), Gulfstream, and I'm SURE at least one of California's major tracks ... are ALL poor choices to do the study n learn thang. For N.Y. - Belmont is a "maybe" (but why pick that track when these days you can focus on and easily play tracks like Philly, Suffolk, and, UNTIL RECENTLY, Calder)?, Saratoge is MUCH too erractic, short meet, and too many baby races, Aqeduct - WAY too many favorites, Gulfstream - forget it cause there's new faces and new horses all the time (more fun but it'll cost ya) and California?.. well LUCKILY, I gave up after trying to make sense of it after only about a month.

The most beautiful track I ever visited, Hialeah, .. OH YEEAH, that place woulda worked. It was starting to get badly run down when I visited it and still it was just magnificent. I can just imagine what it looked like in it's heyday, HEAVEN on earth whether you're a horseplayer on not.

Ut oh.. the fingers are picking up speed on the keyboad, get the reading glasses on...... :scared

(Atually, I think the Window Shoppers are more interested in my stories than the plicks anyways. Watch how many Peepers without keyboards visit this thread now. LOL)

When I first came down here, mid 80s, I made sure I visited each track while I was exploring sunny FLA. It was a long, grueling ride (no online fun those days) to Hialeah but I loved the place so much I did make that trip about 6 times my first year down here. I had my big northeastern bankroll and was ready to kick some butt.

On one such trip, BEAUTIFUL day as usual and a very good crowd at the track that day, I was down over $200 (that's a lot FOR ME) and I had 4 horses marked down for a great, fulll field of 12, middle race. Boxing them for the trifecta (I played more of them back then) woulda costed me $48 and considering all the fast runners in that FULL FIELD, I chickened out, but NOT completely. I split them up and put 3 (boxed tri) on one ticket and 3 on a second ticket thereby reduciing the cost down to $24. There was one horse that I liked best and I played that one just Win/Place. All I can remember was that the hoss was trained by F.W. Hooper and had a name with "Jet" in it. I saved that program though and it was printed in pink (flamingo style).

Sure enough my top pick did win and payed somewhere around $25 to $35 to win. OH NO, that ain't the end of this story.

The trifecta was 3 of my 4 marked hosses, I managed to split them up a little outa wack such that each ticket had 2 winning tri hosses and ONE LOSAH. EITHER ONE OF THE WINNERS ON THE OTHER TICKET WOULDA MADE THE OTHER TICKET A WINNER!. Each of the winning tri horses were in my 4 picks.

ABOUT 4 YRS. after that day, I still couldn't believe it and went to the library to make sure my nightmare wasn't true. I got the old newspaper and checked the results... there it fucking was to haunt me again... TRIFECTA paid $42+ GRAND, yeah, like thousands. I'll never forget that day.

I EDITED this cause I just remembered that -> I THINK THAT DAY (prog. in pink) WAS THE FIRST TIME A FLORIDA TRACK RAN ON A SUNDAY.

Last edited: