Sunday afternoon

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Well as you probably all know, all eyes will be watching the NHL game Vancouver @ Minnesota this afternoon so why don't we take a look at it.

Vancouver is playing a 4th road game in 6 days so the fatigue factor should be quite a factor here.

They have totaled six goals in the sequence, and have 12 in their last seven road games. That's not a lot of offense indeed.

"Maybe right now we're too concerned with defense and maybe we've lost our edge on offense," captain Markus Naslund said. "We've also played some good teams, but we need more from the whole team."

What I see here is a team that will try to open the ice a little bit and.. BOOM! It will just go against them as the Wild are coming off a 2 days rest and they tend to do extremely good defensively in this situation at home. A bad point for the Wild though is that they're coming of a very lucky road win in Boston against whom they allowed 56 SOGs. Not sure Lemaire liked that stat... I'm pretty sure he talked to his players about it and I don't see that happen again today.

A good spot for the Minnesota Wild in this fine Sunday afternoon so I'll go with this:

0.5* Minnesota -0.5 +130
0.5* Minnesota PK -110

Good luck today

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Also gotta go with:

0.75* Edmonton / Carolina UNDER 5.0 -130 (1 to win 0.75)

No time to comment much... basically Sunday afternoon games tend to be quite low-scoring... particularly in Carolina.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
good luck katts, saw that nice ot goal by ziggy, looked like he showed up strong last night. keep it up....

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
LOL... 3 goals allowed on 5 shots.. oh well .. can't win them all

That'll be a 3rd awful start in a row from goalie Emanuel Fernandez... don't think we'll see him back on the next game.

Adding:

Montreal PK +170

This is a quite generous payoff here... perhaps there's a trap.. I'll byte.

You can see that Montreal is playing with a bit more self-confidence now that Theodore is back. That win over the Islanders last night was not just a lucky shot - they're able to be a competitive team. Montreal is playing a 2nd game in 2 nights - so are the Rangers. Nobody gets an advantage looking at this angle. But one angle I really like here is that the NYRangers have been one of the worst NHL team in a R/H b/b scenario over the past 2 years as they're a very low 2-7-0, allowing an average of 4.22 ga per game and scoring just 2.33. I'll go with this angle and back Montreal who'll hopefully focuss their playing around Theodore's solid goaltending once again.

[This message has been edited by katts (edited 11-11-2001).]

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Adding:

San Jose / Chicago OVER 5.0 -115

Well... I don't have much choice

Since San Jose scored a minimum of 2 goals in 8 of their 10 road games, and Chicago scored 3 goals in the same proportion of home games, it's a bit hard to figure out how this game could go UNDER the posted total. Add to this the nice little trend between the 2 teams as none of the games involving the 2 teams went UNDER 5 in the last 2 years (5-0-4 O/U @5).

Oh and .. mmh.. if this is not enough for you, there's a modest capper on it too.. I think his name is "IE" or something.

Chicago PK +105

Here it's quite simple: As long as I can get +money odds, I'm riding this pony (at home) until it loses.

Good luck tonight

I

Investment Executive

wink.gif

as long as they are going to hang a 5.0 on a game w/ two teams giving up 141 and 140 shots respectivley last 5.....and two offenses that are 2.5% over league avg last 5....we gotta take a shot on that over Katts....Thibault has been giving up some rebounds last couple games... lets hope this guy doesn't come back to bit your ass....but i think its shootout for 2nd time this season....well....lets hope so anyways...right
smile.gif
....bring home the bacon!!as they say.

I

Investment Executive

that should read "bite" instead of "bit".....

important getting these posts politically correct these days...
wink.gif

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Cant decide about nyr mtl game
Like your post but just dont like mtl in this spot.
NYR is on fire, 3 best off on leaque theo has to give some one day or the other.

Dont know what to do.. tic tac 3 min left.
Think i'll bite on the nyr and the over

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
LOL - not sure if this is a subtle joke but if it is I get it
wink.gif
.. :

In my write-up on Montreal, that should read "bite" instead of "byte".. LMAO

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Took nyr, over 5.5, and parlay
Nothing big, just for fun.

Wish i was more a valu guy.
Thats why i like your post, you are like my good angel saying: frogy remember this valu thing.
Anyway for tonight i just kick the derriere of my good angel and listen to the bad one.(the same one who like sex , drug and rock n roll)
I like the fact that this will probably be a fast pace game(three line, that fleury and lindros are getting the job done lately and that mtl will at least score two)
When Nyr is winning they are goin over so....
Anyway good luck tonight Katts and always nice to read your post.
Anyway its too late game stated so lets sit back and enjoy.......

Sam

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2001
I.E , absolutey unreal how you lost your football total. That game should have definately went over. So many chances for TD's , but bone head plays.

I

Investment Executive

byte,bite,bit......what the heck huh....im just kidding around Katts......no harm done...

btw, i like byte
smile.gif

Sam.... damn tough end result but i will live w/ it...wasn't thrilled about this weekend's card in the NFL thought it had the best % of all that game....nope....but its coming to the meat of the season as far as my nfl investments goes....its all in perspective //365 days a year right
smile.gif

keep up the good work.....to all in this thread!!...great job this season...all of you!!

also,sorry to clutter your thread up Katts w/ my own andicotes....

I

Investment Executive

Frogy, how do you spell "goal" in french...

would it be.....

byte,bite,bit and "eh but"?

not sure
smile.gif
.....lololol....

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
I.E

That depends on what team you are on(if you read me....)
For my neigbors the goal is the butt
but for my wife the goal is the bit.
Everything is in the eyes of the one watching.
On a more serious not; consensus pick, i'm really impress whit the new addition to this site.
Lots of work is beeng done in here and i can see the dedication of a few leaders wich are devoted to making this "the place".
I know you are active and you are one respected guy on this site.
Personally, i'm too lazy to keep track of my picks, my account balance is proof of my work. Now i can keep track of myself and the others in here.
CALGARY came trough for me,
really like yours and 1837 CFL picks this season, and its whit great respect i say : i'll take a b...(not taking a chance on spelling)on your pick(dont read pickle).See you later.
You and Katts are class act in my book.

Bet on MyBookie