Sunday Hoops

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
1-2 yesterday...7-3-1 on year...let's turn this around...

UNC-Wilm -1'

I see that a few people here are on the Bulldogs but I think that the Seahawks are the play here. Butler returns all 5 starters from a year ago, but that is from a team that only led Cleveland St and Youngstown St in the Horizon league standings. The loss of Smalligan via transfer will hurt as this Bulldog team has very little height so look for them to look for their points via running (transition baskets) and gunning (3pointers).

The Seahawks return 3 starters from a team that was supposed to be rebuilding but finished 2nd in the CAA. Goldsberry can shoot, pass, and defend and will be the floor general in his fourth year starting. The Seahawks may have fewer returning staters than the Bulldogs but they have the deeper bench with more guys able to contribute.

NArz +9'

Northern Arizona returns 4 starters from a team that finished near the bottom of the BigSky last year. Scoring is not a problem for this team but playing defense is a big problem. Not to generalize but I will, bad defensive teams tend to be undisiplined teams.

On the other side of this ying-yang game, is Air Force. Three returning starters do not include MWC co-POY Welch who looks to redshirt this year. Bzdelik takes over the helm (from the NBA Nuggets) and has vowed to keep the Princeton-style offense. The Falcons led the NCAA in scoring defense last year but was 302nd in offensive scoring.

The loss of Welch will hurt the Falcons this year but look for them to still play good defense. The Lumberjacks will probably get burned by more than a few backdoor cuts but they have the firepower to respond. Just don't see a double digit win by the Falcons here.

GL to ALL