MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Yesterday: 1-0

YTD: 8-4

Cornell +13

Early write-up for an early afternoon game.

Cornell will be one of the top teams in the Ivy this year; they return basically their entire roster including stud Ka'Ron Barnes and last years Ivy rookie of the year Lenny Collins.

Georgia Tech has two double-digit wins under their belt already this year; they beat a depleted Louisiana Lafayette and a Hofstra team that turned the ball over 24 times and shot 18-50 from the field.:shrug:

IMO GT is overrated while Cornell, traditionally the bottom of the Ivy, is underrated.

And this game means much more to Cornell than GT; this game is the highlight of the Big Red's schedule -- it's the first time an ACC team has visited Ithaca since 1990/91. While GT has to be looking ahead to Wednesday night's big game at the Garden vs #1 UConn.

Cornell plays a good half-court game; I look for a game in the high 50s or 60s which means 13 is too many.

Good luck.

- Jon

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nickelback

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Southwest
Funny, I know its early but a consensus site shows 80% on GTech right now yet the line has dropped from 13 to 12 at a couple books :shrug:

Gotta like the home team

Last edited:

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Line has gone from 14 to 11.5 at Pinnacle.:eek:

I think Cornell may surprise a few people this year...all five starters returning plus top nine on their roster...GT will get better when Will Bynum is eligible in late December, but once they play some real ACC teams they'll show how much they miss Bosh (NBA) and Nelson (transfer to UConn).

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
Superbook..last time I told you to be careful I got killed.Cornell is tough and Barnes is nice.But when they play the upper D-1 teams their record is not good.History shows us big losses vs the Cuses,Notre Dames, and lyrs GT handled them winning 81-55.
If the line dropped to -11 I'd lean towards BJ and co.There to athletic for the Big Red.
Cornell is a great ats team.In my top 20.Esp away but thats vs the Ivies.They did cover the cuse games getting +26.
I'll pass or maybe put a box on Paul Hewitt boys.And he knows all about these NY teams from his days at Siena.GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Box --

I hear you. Hope you're feeling better today for your big drive to the Meadowlands.

Cornell is something like 1-39 vs ACC teams all-time. Here's why I think they'll cover today:

1. Georgia Tech is not the same team they were last year. They're missing:

Forward Chris Bosh (15.7 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.1 blocks per game) (NBA Draft)
Forward Ed Nelson to Connecticut (8.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg) (Transferred)

The Yellow Jackets have a strong backcourt but, without a serious threat in the paint, opponents can shift their defense to minimize their ability to take over games.

In last years game vs Cornell, Bosh was dominant: he shot 8-10 from the field and had 8 rebounds including 4 off the offensive glass.

2. Cornell is better than last year; all five starters back and they're much more confident after a decent season last year and a spring trip to Australia where they went 3-1. They also spent a lot of time in the weight room this summer and I think you'll see the difference this year. Plus bigman Gabe Stephenson is healthy for this years game and the team is much bigger than last year...they are one of the bigger teams in the Ivy this year.

3. The game is at home and means much more to Cornell than GT. This is the first time an ACC team has visited Ithaca in 13 years. GT is playing the #1 Huskies on Wednesday in MSG for the NIT and they have to be looking ahead to that game.

- Jon

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
Damn.OK you convinced me not to play GT.But I'm passing.
Leaving in about 30 minuts for the game.I took the Over 43 in this game.I hate the Jets.This way I can cheer when anyone scores.
Took TT over East Tenn for 2 boxes.
Thats it for today. GL with Cornell.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

UT-Longhorn

U.T. Texas Ex
Forum Member
Jul 13, 2002
Texas
I cant believe Cornell, not only did they just fall apart late, but why the heck were they fouling with 1 min to go down by 17!?!? I had em in a TEASER at +20, and cannot believe how the kept fouling down that many knowing there was no way they could come back.......unreal........:rolleyes: