Sunday NHL play

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
Season record update later.

For tonight:

1) Atlanta ML (+320) *2 unit play

Rangers are coming off a tough OT loss at Pitt. Atlanta is well rested, having played just two games in the last 5 days. Defenseman Slegr will be playing in his second game back for Atlanta after being out due to injury. This Rangers team has a decent record, but is playing well above their potential in my opinion and should not be favored by nearly this much tonight. Atlanta has been hot on the PK and on the PP. Granted, Atlanta has struggled on the road this year, but tonight seems like a good spot for them to pull off the upset. I'll take the Thrashers for two units, as I believe this line is way off and offers great value.

GL, input appreciated!

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
definitely way too high (-400) in my opinion on the ranger money line. especially like you said in a back to back situation. we all know the thrashers have lots of problems but they are getting slegr back and the addition of rheaume from the blackhawks should help out the youngster heatley. i agree that this line is inflated in my opinion. good luck

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
by the way they even started fighting before the opening puck was dropped. dont see that much
smile.gif

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
um, i think it could be about 8-1 right now if it werent for hnlicka. thrasher D is getting thrashed and trashed like little sorority bitches at a kegger.....

MrMoney

<Smile Marv!>
Forum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Houston, TX
www.mrmoney.us
I had the Rangers as my play of the day today. Atlanta does not have the talent that NY does. What sucks is that I had the under. That does not look real good right now.

MM

Centre Ice

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2000
Brooklin, Ontario, Canada
I was thinking the same as you Texas. Was going to skip the game but at the last minute bet it. Still think the reasoning was sound, just a horrible team to play like that after NY hs had a couple of tought games. Value was good, outcome was bad.

Good luck tomorrow.
(I took Buf -1/2 -155)

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
Gee, thanks for that information MM. I was sitting here wondering to myself who had the other side of my losing wager.

Seriously, I can't say I understand the purpose of posting that you had the other side after the game is going well for you. Did you just want to come and boast in my thread? Keep it to yourself next time.

Centre Ice - No way that it is a positive expectation play in the long run to bet the Rangers at -400 in that spot. Thrashers didn't really show up tonight, gave up way too many quality chances. Also going to take a look at Buff tomorrow, GL!

MrMoney

<Smile Marv!>
Forum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Houston, TX
www.mrmoney.us
Originally posted by TexasBC6:
Gee, thanks for that information MM. I was sitting here wondering to myself who had the other side of my losing wager.

No, I posted that because I was loosing the totals selection. My comment was made to offer another view on the game. If you notice, most threads have point/counter point. If I offended you I appologize. Nothing was meant by my comments. I think you were a bit over the top coming back at me. No need for your comments. In fact I don't think that I personally attacked you.

In looking at what I posted, I don't see a boast in there.

MM

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
Take it easy MM. Nobody brought up personal attacks or anything like that.

I'm not sure how saying that "Atlanta does not have the talent that New York does" offers any kind of counterpoint or "another view on the game." Of course they do not have the talent, hence the +320 line.

Anyhow, thanks for at least attempting to clarify your statement. GL!

Bet on MyBookie