Sunday Night in New Orleans...hope you didn't give all yo money at Church

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

BigNick

Forum Member
Jan 11, 2003
Bay Area
Looks like we have an interesting nightcap on tap tonight fellas.

I wasn't that interested in this game until I heard a few interviews with key saints over the last couple days. The difference maker was an interview with Joe Horn on ESPN Gamenight yesterday. Horn sounds like he understands the importance of winning tonights game over the giants. Placed the season's lackluster performance on himself and the other stars of the team. Also mentioned that Brooks is motivatred to show Haslett that he can bounce back from his pitiful 2nd half performance last week (he had a stellar 1st half).

With losses today by Seattle and San Francisco there is incentive for this Saints team. If Collins were playing tonight I would belive that the Giants would have some heart and at least attempt to save face. But with Jesse Palmer under center I don't see the leadership that could guide a misaligned team to an upset.

The Duece should have an amazing performance...150+

At this point I really like the Saints in the first half, they have shown the most intensity and commitment to detail inthe first half.

New Orleans -4(-110) - a 3 unit play
More analysis before I give -8(110)

BigNick

Forum Member
Jan 11, 2003
Bay Area
Offense Breakdown

New Orleans
361.9 yrds/game - Pass(199.8) Rush(152.1)
Averaging 21.0 pts /game

Key Performers
Aaron Brooks
Had a poor performance last week, looking to bounce back and prove that he can lead his team back to the playoffs (must win situation).

Duece - Last week his 9 game 100 streak ended. He is banged up but the Giants D could be just what the doctor ordered.

Seventh best rush O in the league.

Giants
326.8 yrds/game - Pass(228.2) Rush(98.6)
Averaging 13.0 pts /game

Key Performers
Kerry Collins - OUT
Everybody Else?
QB-?
Would you back a QB with 19 career passes behind 4 untested OL whom have little or no experince playing together?

Palmer, a fourth-round pick in 2001, completed 7-of-11 passes for 83 yards in relief of Collins last week. He was also sacked five times in limited action. Palmer hasn't started a game since September 30, 2000, when his Gators dropped a 47-35 decision at Mississippi State. Rex Grossman was Florida's starter for the rest of that season.
THIS IS A GUY WHO WASN'T THE BEST AT HIS OWN COLLEGE!

OL-?(only starter in there is David Diehl - Rookie!)
Only one player, rookie right guard David Diehl, from the team's opening-day lineup is expected to start against New Orleans.

Stars - Pettigout, Shockey, Hilliard - Likely OUT (all LOOKING TO NEXT YEAR, WITH A NEW COACH)

Fossil predicted that he would only have 4 of 11 starters on offense this week
**Key Stat**Last five weeks (0-5) outscored 118-44.

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
I'm really wanting to play New Orleans, but man, I don't think there is a worse bet in all of sports than the Saints as a home fave. Seems like whenever they have been in that role the past couple of years, they are a huge money-burner.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Lester Diamond

Forum Member
Oct 27, 2003
Atlantic City
After watching Brooks last week, I strongly believe that if the league tested him for drugs after the game, He would be suspended right now!!!

BigNick

Forum Member
Jan 11, 2003
Bay Area
Hoops

The numbers seem to back your opinion.

Saints 4-11-1 ATS @ home since 1987
Saints 4-12-0 ATS @ home as favorite since 1987

NYG 12-8-0 ATS on turf - away since 1999
NYG 11-9 ATS as road dog of 8 or more since 1999

I would never wager money on New Orleans if the Giants were the same team that these statistics would clearly favor.

Giants are in a world of hurt...this game reminds me a lot of the 49er - Cards game last week, excpt the cards had most of their starters in the game...Giants don't!

BigNick

Forum Member
Jan 11, 2003
Bay Area
Defensive BreakDown

Saints
328 yrds/game - 138.6 rush yrds / 198.1 pass yrds

The strength of the defense is its pass defense, which ranks 11th in the NFL (190 ypg). Due to the injuries at quarterback, the offensive line and receiving corps, the Saints match up very favorably against New York.

Giants
331 yrds/game - 120.2 rush yrds / 210.8 pass yrds

The Giants have experienced a number of injuries on defense, as the starting secondary has been reduced to safety Omar Stoutmire. Cornerbacks Will Allen and Will Peterson, and safety Shaun Williams are all out for the year, along with DE Kenny Holmes.

The giants are going to stack 8 in the box to stop the duece! Can they cover Horn with corners who have never played against him? I don't think so...never under estimate familairity with your opponent.

LIKE NEW ORLEANS A LOT!!!

GAME New Orleans -8(-110) - 3 units
1st New Orleans -4(-110) - 2 units

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kdogg21

who?
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
Chicago,IL
Screw it, im with you BIG nick. im taking the first half and the final. Giants have nothing much to play for and to me Fassel looks like he has lost control of the team.

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Re: Giants roll

Re: Giants roll

kneifl said:
I've made a lot of money fading hoops....:withstupi

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

kneifl

Yawn. What rock did you crawl back out from under? The forum has really missed all the expertise and info you bring to it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Yawn

Yawn

I know, don't worry buddy. The Giants +8 roll tonight.
Just jokin around with you. How have you been my friend?:D :D I have been busy with work but being that this is the Holidays and I have some extra time on my hands I have been trying to make some extra money..and have made a few extra bucks ....just kidding about fading you though...made a LARGE bet on the cowboys tonight and might have to make a withdrawal tom orrow. Best of luck to you:D

kneifl

crookycymru

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2002
Wales (United Kingdom)
BigNick,

Thanks for the analysis. Do you think the Saints will gain a lot more passing yards than the Ginats tonight with Collins being out???

How well do you think Barber will fare tonight against this Saints defense??

Many Thanks:)

BigNick

Forum Member
Jan 11, 2003
Bay Area
Crook

I see this as a very one sided game. Palmer is not Grossman and will not have the same affect that REX did in Chicago today. That being said, I see Brooks having a solid performance.

The Passing game looks lopsided...G-men will stack the box to stop Duece and invite Brooks to throw to Horn....which he will...often! Matchups don't get any better than this (if you are the Saints) team on a downward slide, young and inexperienced secondary with lack of middle field support. The giants are weak on O-LIne, with an untested and below average QB.

Saints should dominate both offensive categories (rush, pass);)

I could be wrong, but basic football thoery will tell you....if you have no air attack the D can focus on the run (poor Barber!). Likewise (Saints) if you are playing a team who dares you to throw the ball, you do just that! Remember that teams have stacked the box against the Duece and he has produced....if his O-line was a little better and Brooks had 1/2 as amany bone-head plays as he has had this could be a 10-3 team..:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
So the Saints (including Horn) did not understand the importance of last week's game against TB? That win was devastating and they simply gave it away...Good luck on your play, but this team has no business laying more than a TD to anyone...

BigNick

Forum Member
Jan 11, 2003
Bay Area
EZ same thoughts I had prior to the 49er-Cards game. The public hopes that these dogs haven't packed it away for the season. Sad to say but I think the Giants have turned in their uni's.

How many points would you want to lay against a team without any regular starters on O?

Anyways...

Girlfriends a napping, I'm a capping..

This Saints D is the key...O will get it done!
Saints - 10 G-Men - 0 7:13 1st

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
great call...total domination from the start...where was this friggin' team last week when I had them to handle the bucs??? :)