Sunday Notes and Info

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
anaheim..........
The Ducks are 7-3-2-0 lifetime vs. Nashville, 5-1-0-0 @ the Arrowhead Pond.
Andy McDonald was brought up from minor league Cincinnati, where he was tearing up the American Hockey League. McDonald, 24, will get a chance to center the Ducks' top line or their second line.
He's going to play some games now and he's going to get chance to play on one of our top two lines," Murray said.
The Ducks will start Steve Shields in goal.

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 12-02-2001).]

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
nash...........
Predators forward Scott Walker is questionable for tonight's game against Anaheim after getting knocked head first into the boards during yesterday's 4-2 loss to Los Angeles.The Predators will wear their third jersey for the final time on the road tonight against Anaheim, Vokoun expected in net......

Kariya has 12 points (five goals, seven assists) in 10 career games against the Predators. After scoring three power play goals in the two games before the road trip, the Predators have now gone 0-10 in the last three games with the man-advantage. The Predators are 6-2-2-0 when scoring on the man-advantage and are 3-11-0-1 in games they do not pick up a power play goal.

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 12-02-2001).]

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
florida..........

Reports: Panthers fire coach, GM; hire Keenan

December 2, 2001

TORONTO (AP) -- The Florida Panthers, tied for the fewest victories in the NHL, fired coach Duane Sutter and president and general manager Bill Torrey, two Canadian sports networks reported Sunday.

The Panthers replaced Sutter with Mike Keenan while assistant general manager Chuck Fletcher was promoted to general manager on an interim basis, TSN and Sportsnet said on their Web sites. Sportsnet said the Panthers signed Keenan to a multiyear deal.

Sportsnet cited unidentified NHL sources. TSN did not specify its sources.

The team had no comment and said no announcement was planned, Panthers spokesman Mike Hanson said.

The Panthers are 14th in the Eastern Conference with a 6-15-2-3 record. In the league standings, the Panthers are a point ahead of Atlanta, which beat Florida 5-2 on Saturday.

Torrey was in his ninth season as president of the Panthers, joining the team when they first entered the NHL. He replaced Bryan Murray as general manager last Dec. 28.

Sutter became interim coach last December when Terry Murray was fired. Under Sutter, the Panthers finished last season with a 16-24-6 record. He was signed to a long-term deal in June.

Keenan's most recent coaching position was with the Boston Bruins, who fired him at the end of last season.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
Horns,
as you can imagine, i havent been thinking about UT much today, looks like the f'n holiday bowl against washington. but i am never one to let 20 yr old kids' performances influence my emotions. they are still fun to watch, i just hate all the negativity from a lot of their fans. anyway thanks for the appreciation, my wagers are meager compared to most so i am still sticking to info and some comments, i watched the last half of dallas and edmonton, looked like a playoff game, very intense. i agree this isnt a great spot for dallas, still watching and observing how this team will look together. we all know staying healthy is the name of the game, look at montreal now, how unfortunate ,they cant get a break.. anyway keep on posting, most people here in austin dont talk hockey and for the most part fans of the stars in dallas know little hockey outside of the stars.. boston looks pretty strong right now, wonder if they will be forced to dump guerin based purely on finanical reasons and what they get in return? the next month or so will get interesting, lots of historically good teams underachieving and not working hard, getting pucks, etc etc.. later...

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
wigs,

Man what a terrible bowl game, they should thump Washington that is if they play Major and not Simms.

As for the Bruins, they are playing well right now. The Sens had no business being in that game last night but Lalime held them in it long enough until the rest of the team got it heads out of their collective butts. But in todays NHL you need that type of goaltender to get you through those games when less than half your team shows up. As for Guerin, they will definitely trade him, he is unrestricted at the end of the year and everyone knows how the Bruins can be when it comes to signing players, then again they gave Martin Lapointe 5.5 million and would not give Jason Allison 6.5 million even though he was 4th in the league last year in scoring. Go figure this group.
Another thing, don't be surprised to Lecavalier traded very soon and the Sens are a strong possibility with Bonk, a defensemen and a draft pick going the other way. Lecavalier is only 21 and just signed a four year deal. Go to www.tsn.ca and see the feature story on this one. Take care.

HORNS

Bet on MyBookie