Super 12

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
Went 2/1 last week but yet again managed to find loser with biggest bet! Record now 16/8 +6.2pts :)

Three plays this week:

3pts Chiefs (-3) 10/11 Bet365 v injury-hit 'Canes (is it right that home side has never won this match-up?!)

4pts (FADE IT!) Highlanders (-3) 10/11 Bet365 v Reds

3pts Stormers (-23) 10/11 Sports v Bulls - a lot to give away really but I had it at 30 so gap is too much to ignore.

Best of luck to all, hope Anders, Cartman and Jotster get time to air views (however brief) as I know we're all busy, + I've already backed these 3, I might go in for some more if you agree....:bigun:

Hoss:D

Cartman88

Forum Member
Feb 3, 2001
Gold Coast Australia
I have had a quick look at the Super 12 and at this stage I can only find one line that I will be playing:

ACT -11.5 vs Blues

I have a slight lean towards Cats +12.5 vs Sharks but will take a further look at that match before making a final decision.

Good luck to everyone !!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jotster

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2002
sydney australia
hey guys, just got in, missed the first game, i was on chiefs big time, rang the bet in, sorry i couldnt post it, but it looks like every one was on em any way !! well done boys !!

im ganna have another bet on the brumbies, at home they usually do quite well and are looking to get back into top gear, they need all the bonus points they can get

brumbies -12

good luck guys
jotster

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
:D :cool: A good start all round so far!

Chiefs win by 24, Brumbies win by 21!

have some serious cash running onto the Highlanders but gonna have to get up at 0630 to watch it - not fair on my day off, but what can you do?:shrug:

Anyone got any views on Crusaders/NSW it's on straight afterwards here in the UK - I have a slight lean towards the brumbies getting 14 but not strong enough to play yet...what about the points over/under??:confused:

Hoss

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
RUGBY-SUPER-CRUSADERS-N/L
ROGERS HOPES TO MARK ANNIVERSARY WITH WIN
Sydney, May 11 AAP - Waratahs fullback Mat Rogers will take a moment before tonight's top-of-the-table Super 12 rugby clash with the Crusaders to remember a reason why he's there.
Today is the first anniversary of the death of his mother Carol, who lost a long battle with cancer.
Rogers' mother backed his decision to switch codes, telling her son when he was considering leaving the Sharks that she would rather he take up Super 12 rugby than play for another National Rugby League club.
``I couldn't speak to my dad (Steve) about switching because he was the boss at Cronulla and was trying to sign me,'' Rogers said.
``It was good to be able to speak to mum about it and to not so much get her blessing, but just to have her support me in whatever I did.
``She'd be dirty on me playing for NSW though, she's a Queenslander through and through.''
He said the rugby roundabout had finally slowed down enough in recent weeks to allow him to take stock, and ponder his mother's absence from his life.
``Ever since I signed with rugby it's just been full on.
``Mum passed away and then I signed with rugby, got back on the field with the Sharks, started pre-season training, went to the Barbarians -- it just hasn't stopped but the last month it's been good.
``I've been thinking about her quite a lot lately. Not in the sense that it's affecting my game, or affecting me at training but it's been a year and you get so caught up in everything.
``I've had the opportunity to sit and think about how much mum really meant to us, what she did for us and how much of a special person she was.''
Rogers was disappointed to be away from home on the anniversary, but said there would be no problem focusing on helping the Waratahs go into next week's semifinals on the back of a win.
He was openly critical of his performance last Sunday against Queensland, where he came off second best in his much talked about tussle with Reds fullback Chris Latham.
``I'm really a bit disappointed with the way I went, I didn't take them on enough and didn't get the ball enough, hopefully I can rectify that over the next few weeks.
``I still feel like my progress is going well. I'm still feeling comfortable on the field, positionally I'm feeling good.
``It's just a matter of getting my hands on the ball a bit more and getting myself into a bit of space.''
Rogers said he would have to lift his game if he was to challenge Latham for the Wallaby No 15 jersey, but if it wasn't to be he would gladly settle for any other number.
``I'd be happy to play anywhere, it's the Wallabies, the Australian side, I'd be happy to be on the bench initially.
``I wouldn't always be happy to be on the bench but it would be a stepping stone to bigger and better things.''

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
RUGBY-SUPER-CRUSADERS
WARATAHS BETWEEN CRUSADERS AND 11 WINS ON THE TROT
Christchurch, May 10, NZPA - The Waratahs will almost certainly be without tearaway test flanker Phil Waugh in their bid to stop a Crusaders' clean sweep in tomorrow night's top-of-the-table Super 12 rugby clash at Jade Stadium.
Waugh, 22, has been battling an ankle injury which kept him out of Waratahs' loss to the Queensland Reds last week.
He ran on his own at the Waratahs' final practice at Jade Stadium today and coach Bob Dwyer was ``pretty well certain'' Waugh would not play.
``If it was a semifinal we'd probably have pushed him a bit faster and he probably would have played,'' Dwyer said.
``Hopefully we've got two more games after this.''
The Waratahs have qualified for the Super 12 play-offs for the first time and are almost certain to host a semifinal at Sydney's Aussie Stadium next Saturday.
The likely change to the Waratahs' back-row robs the 36,000 capacity crowd of a much-anticipated individual duel between Waugh and All Black flanker Richard McCaw.
Waugh and McCaw are two of the world's outstanding openside flankers.
The pair have only met once before -- in the second-half of a pre-season clash in Blenheim in February.
Dwyer has another top trooper to call on. Former Wellington and New Zealand Universities flanker Des Tuiavii, a stand-out with Southland in last year's NPC, is the replacement No 7.
Both squads are rotating players tomorrow. The Waratahs have made six changes to their starting 15 and the Crusaders have made five.
The Crusaders have no late injury worries, with winger Marika Vunibaka surviving today's training after coming off early with a toe injury during last week's match.
Coach Robbie Deans said Vunibaka ran freely at training.
The Crusaders have talked openly this week of striving for an unprecedented 11 wins from 11 games (crct) in the round-robin.
Dwyer, perhaps the most experienced coach in the competition, acknowledged it would be ``a phenomenal effort'' if the Crusaders could complete the clean sweep tomorrow.
But Deans said the record attempt was overly emphasised in the Crusaders camp.
``It's obviously just an essential by-product of a good performance. That's what we are concentrating on, continuing to take a pride in our own game. That's what's going to serve us best,'' he said.
Deans said it was important for the Crusaders to go into the semifinals with a good performance to bolster confidence.
``The campaign's gone really quickly. For some teams it will be the end of the campaign this week, but it certainly doesn't feel like that for us.
``We're looking forward to playing in front of a capacity crowd at Jade. It's good to be back here (after three away games).''
Dwyer is also seeking a good dress rehearsal before the play-offs.
``We're the new kids on the block in the semifinals. We're really looking for credibility and for people to say, 'yeah, they really are a good side'.''
``We need to do well here in order to achieve that.''
Crusaders: Leon MacDonald, Marika Vunibaka, Nathan Mauger, Caleb Ralph, Aaron Mauger, Andrew Mehrtens, Justin Marshall,
Scott Robertson, Richard McCaw, Norm Maxwell, Chris Jack, Reuben Thorne (captain), Greg Somerville, Mark Hammett, Greg Feek. Reserves: Ben Blair, Daryl Gibson, Ben Hurst, Johnny Leo'o, Bradley Mika, David Hewett, Corey Flynn.
Waratahs (likely): Mat Rogers, Scott Staniforth, Matt Burke (captain), Francis Cullimore, Sam Harris, Manuel Edmonds, Chris Whitaker, David Lyons, Des Tuiavii, Tom Bowman, Jono West, Jone Tawake, Patricio Noriega, Huia Edmonds, Matt Dunning. Reserves: Marc Stcherbina, Duncan McRae, Tim Clark, Steve Talbot, Van Humphries, Matt Bowman, Brendan Cannon.

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
Hoss - hope that helps. Line looks about right to me; Crusaders will be very keen to go the season with 12 wins from 12....Dwyer has rested a few and the Waratahs have been beat up in recent weeks in some physical encounters....a new hooker won't hurt them; Cannon can't throw in to save himself...

GL :cool:

jotster

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2002
sydney australia
good week end so far, lets hope it keeps goin !!

today i think ill have to go with an in form home side the highlanders -4

second game between the blues and the crusaders, ive heard a few stories that crusaders players will be rested if they are in front, just hope that the waratahs dont back door us on the cover, so ill put a very tentative bet on the crusaders -13

will look at the other games later

good luck guys

jotster

(edit was done on spelling)

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg