Super Bowl pick it apart

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
So why do you like who you do?

Seattle was -1 opening number and 48...steamed quickly to Denver to -2 1/2 and 47 1/2 back to 48.....big big big money on 3 bets on Denver at the opening window. I have my 'sauces' (sources) LOL, anyway..............Peyton with tons of experience in the big games, yeah it might be cold, but these are professionals people, not whining I don't wanna play in the cold from Alabama and South Florida trailer trash players (those would be players not in the Super Bowl or playing in the frozen tundra every year)....Break it down..........

Seattle with 2nd year QB Wilson, one solid runner in Lynch and backup Turpin-tine and three receivers, one of which did anything and that was on special teams, Baldwin and they have some "D", Sherman and the other big kid, Chancellor.

Now go onto the other team, Peyton Manning. Hmmm, a vet with all kinds of post-season experience, a chip on his shoulder for giving Baltimore their Super Bowl ring in 2013, sorta, it was FOX's fucking fault.......anyways... Peyton dinks and dunks, like Hawkeye says, and he has two very good Tight Ends who wanna be wide-receivers, DOH!! And you have Knowshon Moreno, who happens to be ok, with bruise ribby's, and he's from that area of the country, Peyton just happens to have played in this stadium a few times and the coach certainly knows the ambiance of this field as well.

Weather? We don't know it 12 days in advance but something definitely will be a fact and that it's WINTER BABY!! And it's outdoors and in the N'east part of the Country!!

Other factors, Seattle with 21 more takeaways than the Broncos have on the season, special teams basically even, other than what Baldwin did on Sunday vs 49ers and as far as post-season experience and coaching experience this time of the year, it all favors USC....errrrrr, DENVER!! Fox, Del Rio, the entire Denver staff has some experience in the post-season. Kickers? Let's just say I'd take Prather over Haushkeh anytime outdoors in a stadium that can have a slight cross over wind from the tunnel. Denver has three decent sized receivers in Thomas, Thomas and Becker and crafty lil widge in Belichick turned bounty hunter, Wes Welker. And you have a crafty vet again in Peyton Manning who knows his time is almost done as far as trotting on the football field to capture another Super Bowl ring to tie his brother, Eli. And did I say that Fox has been there before? Oh yeah, I did. He lost a heart breaker vs the Pats with Jake Delhomme of all fucking QBs in the NFL to Brady Bunch and Peyton for me just has too many weapons and experienced players not to out think, out maneuver and out play the Seattle Seahawks but this line is gonna change another 1 pt before kickoff I friggin guarantee you, it was -2 1/2 a bit ago and -2 now and most games end on 3 to 7 pts and I just feel in my bones, intuition, first gut reaction, that Denver will win this one by 4 or more points here. The total however, I have right at 52 points, so why was this line lower? I'm sure it will steam upwards and last year folks were jumping all over the Niners and didn't give the MadjackerRavens a chance and it was going to go "UNDER" but it was a Dog SU win/cover and OVER play.

This one I see Denver winning 27-14 which would mean a huge Denver cover and UNDER play, but again, it's 12 days before the game is played and one with........

Your thoughts and analysis is welcomed, yours too HASH!! :joke:

Scrapman

Rollingdembones
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2013
south east PA
me too has it's same as last year team with more experienced players gets it done and lots of rings are on Denver Seahwks have zero champions on team a good young defense on seattle but thier low ranked offense will be thier undoing ranked in 21st or 24th offense

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
me too has it's same as last year team with more experienced players gets it done and lots of rings are on Denver Seahwks have zero champions on team a good young defense on seattle but thier low ranked offense will be thier undoing ranked in 21st or 24th offense

The latter point, Scrappy, you are right on with!! How is the one of the lowest ranked offenses going to do against one of the best offenses in 2013-14? Both defenses have strengths and Denver may have some injured players back and Bailey will be a lot healthier.

SF had a monster "D" last year that was going to dismantle Flacco and company and they forgot about one player, turned kick returner extraordinaire in Jacoby Jones!! A player with lil effect during the season for both teams will probably come to the lime light and steal the show, perhaps a Quentin Jammer or Percy Harvin.

Looks like a nice Nor'easter for NE area today and tomorrow. Probably another clip late next week on 7 day forecast!! Brrrrrrr..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cortez

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 23, 2013
BC, Canada
If I may, for a moment, play devil's advocate...

devil's advocate.JPG

Seattle has #17 O (going by total yards), but they play in a division with SF (#5 D), ARI (#6 D) and STL (#15 D).

Denver has #1 O, but play in a division with OAK (#22 D), SD (#23 D) and KC (#24 D).

Not taking anything away from Denver's O, they're obviously legit, but just think Seattle's O is underrated. They shouldn't have a problem putting points on the board against Denver's soft D, but will it be enough?

tball

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2001
boston, ma
I for one thought Denver's defense was better than what most had given credit for. sometimes its hard to keep that hard edged mentality when you have an offense scoring as fast as peyton and company did, that kind of lets you take it easier than you would need to, if were of mindset that you thought your defense needed to win game for you. they certainly have talented guys in a lot of positions -- so I think.

Russell Wilson, for all the mention of his recent struggles in getting offense to click, will be on point in this game --imho. aided mightily by the running game, no doubt -- though this game, imho, is a seattle win outright going over the total of 47? is that the total

apparently the totals have been more under than over in these playoffs, and champ games went under in den/ne and pushed on 40, or over 39 depending on when you got it

Russell Wilson I think steps up and plays one of HIS best games ever -- even with less than big name parts around him. all receivers are very solid, if unspectacular - and while none really present physical attributes that the broncos have on their side (ie. height, for the jump balls)- they all seem to play the ball verrry well, which I guess would be a necessity if are shorter than your avg receiver. -- I think kearse will make at least 2 big catches for seattle, as looks to be the secutrity blanket when Wilson needs to make a play (not with his legs, that I think will see plenty of too)

normally id give the sp teams edge to Denver with trindon holiday -- and he has been especially quiet, though not entirely surprising because most of these games have been touchbacks altogether. even if harvin does make it back, believe he'll be limited to return duties exclusively --with maybe a peppering of a play or 3 in game, though do doubt will see a ton of play from him -- both these players could easily break one --but see holiday maybe changing field position once for broncos

I just don't see den's off line holding up as well as did vs NE -who clearly has pass rusher identity issues. (outside of chandler jones). sea will get manning off his spot and will capitalize on 2 ints at very least --as cbs/lbs can keep with all shifts, rubs, and physical specimens that are den wideout group and tes

I think the lack of mobility for manning will help, in that it doesnt present a threat that sea has had to worry about recently in games vs sf

now im backing a team that spotted the then winless tb bucs a 21 point lead in early stages ofa home game during the season, I know -- but my take, based more on gut than anything else is the 'hawks

seattle 34-29 Wilson mvp on passing 299 and running 104, 3 tds accounted for :0008

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Scrapman

Rollingdembones
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2013
south east PA
whatever as normal we are split here but my thread shows you the edges Broncos have as in the stats for season matter

bigest one is 3rd down conversion % thats the solidd edge 9% more on Denver Seahwks are under the minimum % by a lot it's 42% needed they are at 35.3% NO superbowl champion was lower than oppenent in 3rd down conversions as far as i found the winning team in saeson had the best 3rd down %

Hashish

Smoked
Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Surf City
I'll give you this game broken down to its root question:

Can Peyton score enough?

Answer:

Indubitably.

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
I'll give you this game broken down to its root question:

Can Peyton score enough?

Answer:

Indubitably.

If one thing I know about Peyton Manning since I met him, he's also a Papa John's franchisee owner besides John's buddy, is Peyton remembers things very well, sharp memory, great recall and he has picked apart Carroll's "D" like a book, he might throw ducks but those ducks land in capable arms in Thomas x 2 and Decker and he's got Welker to pull a pick play on Sherman if need be (j/k) :142smilie

Denver will win SU!! Unless Manning gets clobbered and knocked out of this game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg