super bowl prop question

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bishqqq

Forum Member
Aug 18, 2002
OHIO
defense to record the 1st sack? if the place kicker or holder or the punter gets tackled for a loss, does that count towards defense sacks?.....i would guess not, because its special teams....does anyone know for sure?......thnx

AnkAnk

Forum Member
Nov 6, 2003
Are you saying there is a prop out there of

Will the defense record the first sack???

If this is what you are saying - are you sure it doesn't say WHICH defense will record the first sack?

I apologize in advance if I misread your post.

If the prop IS which defense to record the first sack - I really don't understand your question. BUT, I believe if the place holder/kicker is tackled for a loss, then it is considered a loss in running yards - not a sack.

THE HITMAN

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
HOLLYWOOD, FL
I have always interpreted it is a "quarterback" sack. Sounds like you want to bet an over or under figure in sacks for the game and want to clarify whether a kicker, holder etc. being tackled adds to this total. Now, if the holder(sometimes a QB) drops back , sets up or is rushed to throw a pass.......is something that you should clarify for yourself. That, of course, is a rare situation. I don't have a set of NFL rules here..........
Nonetheless,a good question.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bishqqq

Forum Member
Aug 18, 2002
OHIO
the prop is........."First Team To Sack Other QB"......Patriots minus 150 ........i guess i was thinking fake field goal with a back-up QB , who is obviously scrambling & looking downfield for a reciever & gets tackled behind the line of scrimage ..... i gather the holder aint a QB when the ball was snapped.......but if McNab was the holder......lol .....thanks AnkAnk & Hitman for the replies....bish

THE HITMAN

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
HOLLYWOOD, FL
Bish.....the prop is poorly worded. It leaves too much open for interpretation. This doesn't sound like a scorekeeper's decision, sounds like a book's decision if there is a "freak" play. GL if'n you play it.