Superbowl Prediction

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

GreyStreet

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Baltimore, MD
Call me crazy but I think Peyton Manning is turning into Joe Montana right before our eyes. If Indianapolis prepares well for the rough conditions I see them scoring enough TD's to win a close game in New England. If they make it past the Pats then you have your Super Bowl winner.

Indianapolis vs. Carolina in the Super Bowl, Indy wins it all with Peyton as Super Bowl MVP.

PaTsJaMM

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2002
Vermont
Won't be a racetrack Peyton will be playing on this time. Hell, he got outplayed for 3 quarters on his own turf a few weeks back by the Pats and now he's going to come into New England, in bitter cold and against a strong defense led by a guy who has owned him his entire career in Belichik and against a hostile crowd and he's going to come out a winner? Don't think so. The Squaws in Kansas City are a laughingstock, that sh*tty defense couldn't stop a marble from rolling downhill. He's facing REAL men this time.

And Carolina is good but they aren't quite there yet.

Pats/Eagles superbowl baby!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pacerfan

Forum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Indianapolis, IN
Ya, the Pats should destroy the Colts..hell they have a shitty d, a QB that 'can't win the big game', and they will be traveling to frigid Foxboro. :rolleyes:

Me thinks the Pats were hoping and praying for a KC game...sorry...looks like you will have to be the one to extinguish Mannings fire.:D

Colts 27
Pats 21

:eek:

PaTsJaMM

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2002
Vermont
KC, Indy, doesn't matter. Both are overrated. The Squaws shouldn't have even BEEN in the playoffs with that horrid defense so I wouldn't be patting myself on the back over that win.

Get back to me when the Dolts can gain 1 yard in 4 tries against NE LoL

Pats 24
Dolts 13

pacerfan

Forum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Indianapolis, IN
Shouldn't have been in the playoffs huh..now at least I know what level of moron i am exchanging words with..

After you finish gloating over the stop they had on 'd' here in Indy, can you please explain to me how you lost to Buffalo 31-0? We held that offensive juggernaut known as Buffalo to only 14 pts. with our HORRIBLE D, but they managed to score 31 on your 'Steel Curtain'...hmm very interesting.

I know it's hard to swallow, but the Pats win streak is going bye-bye in 6 days....:D

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

PaTsJaMM

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2002
Vermont
First off IDIOT (since you obviously want to resort to namecalling), the Pats played the Bills TWICE (or have you conveniently forgotten the 31-0 drubbing we laid on them to finish the season) but I fully expect an imbecile like you to focus more on the first game of the season then the last

Hey, here's a thought. Maybe the Dolts can sign the Refrigerator out of retirement and use him in the backfield in case they have another 1st and goal from the Pats 1 yard line. :thefinger

pacerfan

Forum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Indianapolis, IN
Way to dodge the question Genius. I asked you how Buffalo put up 31 pts. on the Pats..regardless whether it was game 1 or game 50.

And as far as your little fixation w/ the Colts being held scoreless on their 1....think that should be just about enough motivation to go into Foxboro and expose this fraud of a team. :thefinger

dukie

Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
mass
Pacerfan, a fraud? The pats a far from that. This team has found a way to win 13 in a row with some tough opponents. They have won as a team all year with each week someone else stepping up and having a big game. Yes they had a tough first game in Buffalo but they rebounded to have a great season. All I have to say is that Payton better a have a good game or your team is going to have problems. Gillette is a tough place to play and things could get out of hand in a hurry.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DCPlayer

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Northern Virginia
Personally, I think the weather will play a factor in the game on Sunday. If it's like it was in KC, the Colts shouldn't have a problem. If it's anything close to what it was at Gillette on Sat night however, I can't see where the Colts, being a dome team, won't have any problems with it.
Manning's playing his best ball at the right time, but the elements could shake things up a bit.

GL to Colts and Pats fans. It'll certainly be fun to watch!! :D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pacerfan

Forum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Indianapolis, IN
They lost to the Bills and Redskins...neither even got a whiff of the playoffs.

On the other hand, Indy lost to NE, JAX,CAR,DEN.

Lost to 3 playoff teams....and whooped DEN in a revenge game.

I think that the Pat secondary will be looking like the 3 stooges midway through the first quarter.:banghead:

Dizzayton

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
Pats loss to bills means nothing. I didn't see the Redskin loss, but that means nothing too. I'm betting the Pats, if colts pulls this one out I'll bow down and kiss Manning's ass like the rest of you. One thing is for sure, this is the Superbowl.

dukie

Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
mass
Pacerfan if you want to start looking back at what has happened in the past maybe you should consider that in his career Manning is 0-4 in Foxboro. In those losses Manning has 6 tds and 11 interceptions and the Colts have lost by an average of 16.3 pts. In the game played earlier this year the Pats took a 31-10 in the third quarter before they fell asleep and let the Colts back into the game which they went on to win. This is a very good defense and I see no reason why they wont continue their winning ways.

pacerfan

Forum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Indianapolis, IN
In the game played earlier this year the Pats took a 31-10 in the third quarter before they fell asleep and let the Colts back into the game which they went on to win.

Let's just hope they don't fall asleep this time...or they might wake up on the other end of an ass whooping. Manning is on fire boys....

DCPlayer

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Northern Virginia
Pacer loves his team, and there's nothing wrong with that. I personally think he's bringing up some good points, but as a neutral observer, you have to know what to digest, and what to write off as homer'ism....... :shrug:

It's not worth arguing over, either way. ;)

Like i said earlier, Manning's playing his best ball right now, but he's been limited in the past by sub-par teams. If he plays like he did the last two weeks, and the weathers good, it could be bad news bears (Walter Mathau) for the Pats.

I lean toward Belichek however. :)

Good luck Pacer, and all.....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

edludes

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2001
alaska
Not a fan just a capper

Not a fan just a capper

The Colts very fine offense will be playing against a much better defense than NE's very fine offense will be playing against.Its funny all the talk about how great Manning is playing now.His O line is playing so well right now as to be unrecognizable compared with the ones hes had in the past.He hasn't been breathed on heavily so far.Its a team game,and a key point to me is will NE be able to get pressure through the great O line play of Indy.Indy's D is better,but I can't see NE's O being held any better than KC 's O was by them last week.

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Bears 27 Jets 21

Whoops a year ahead of myself:)

-----------

Scheduling Formula:
The opponents for all 2004 regular-season games have been determined. The scheduling formula implemented in 2002 with realignment guarantees that all teams play each other on a regular, rotating basis. Under the formula, every team within a division plays 16 games as follows:

Home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games). These games match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference are matched in the same way each year.

The format takes each team through a cycle of games -- home and away -- against every other team in the league. Every team will play every other team at least twice -- once home and once away --- between 2002 and 2009. After the 2009 season, a decision will be made on whether to continue with the same rotation or modify it.

The official 2004 schedule, with playing dates and times, will be announced in the spring. NFL Kickoff 2004 Weekend will begin on Thursday night, Sept. 9, and the regular season will conclude on Jan. 2.

AFC EAST

Team
Home
Away

Buffalo
Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, St. Louis, Jacksonville
Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Seattle, Oakland

Miami
Buffalo, New England, N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, St. Louis, Tennessee
Buffalo, New England, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver

New England
Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Seattle, Indianapolis
Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, St. Louis, Kansas City

N.Y. Jets
Buffalo, Miami, New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Seattle, Houston
Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, St. Louis, San Diego

AFC NORTH

Team
Home
Away

Baltimore
Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Kansas City
Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia, Washington, Indianapolis

Cincinnati
Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Denver
Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia, Washington, Tennessee

Cleveland
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, New England, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia, Washington, San Diego
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Houston

Pittsburgh
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New England, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia, Washington, Oakland
Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Jacksonville

AFC SOUTH

Team
Home
Away

Houston
Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Oakland, San Diego, Green Bay, Minnesota, Cleveland
Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Chicago, Detroit, N.Y. Jets

Indianapolis
Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Oakland, San Diego, Green Bay, Minnesota, Baltimore
Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Chicago, Detroit, New England

Jacksonville
Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh
Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Oakland, San Diego, Green Bay, Minnesota, Buffalo

Tennessee
Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Denver, Kansas City, Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati
Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Oakland, San Diego, Green Bay, Minnesota, Miami

AFC WEST

Team
Home
Away

Denver
Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Carolina, Miami
Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cincinnati

Kansas City
Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Carolina, New England
Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Baltimore

Oakland
Denver, Kansas City, San Diego, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Buffalo
Denver, Kansas City, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh

San Diego
Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, N.Y. Jets
Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Carolina, Cleveland

NFC EAST

Team
Home
Away

Dallas
N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans
N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Green Bay, Minnesota, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Seattle

N.Y. Giants
Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Atlanta
Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Green Bay, Minnesota, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Arizona

Philadelphia
Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Washington, Green Bay, Minnesota, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina
Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Washington, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis

Washington
Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Minnesota, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay
Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, San Francisco

NFC NORTH

Team
Home
Away

Chicago
Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Washington, Houston, Indianapolis, San Francisco
Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Tampa Bay

Detroit
Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Washington, Houston, Indianapolis, Arizona
Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta

Green Bay
Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Jacksonville, Tennessee, St. Louis
Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Washington, Houston, Indianapolis, Carolina

Minnesota
Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Seattle
Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Washington, Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans

NFC SOUTH

Team
Home
Away

Atlanta
Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, Oakland, San Diego, Detroit
Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Kansas City, N.Y. Giants

Carolina
Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, Oakland, San Diego, Green Bay
Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Kansas City, Philadelphia

New Orleans
Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Kansas City, Minnesota
Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, Oakland, San Diego, Dallas

Tampa Bay
Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Kansas City, Chicago
Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona, St. Louis, Oakland, San Diego, Washington

NFC WEST

Team
Home
Away

Arizona
St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, New England, N.Y. Jets, N.Y. Giants
St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit

St. Louis
Arizona, San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, New England, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia
Arizona, San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Buffalo, Miami, Green Bay

San Francisco
Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Buffalo, Miami, Washington
Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, New England, N.Y. Jets, Chicago

Seattle
Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco, Atlanta, Carolina, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas
Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, New England, N.Y. Jets, Minnesota