Survivor Pool Thread - Week 13

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

wufdude

Forum Member
Dec 4, 2000
Fuquay Varina, NC
My pool lost 3, with 1 on Tennessee and 2 on Denver. Down to 7 left.

I've got 3 on my list for this week although I don't love any of them.

Tennessee - Will Detroit throw in the towel after blowing that lead? Is the pressure off of Tennessee for the undefeated season and will they just roll the Lions? Will the Thanksgiving game tradition benefit Detroit?

Indianapolis - Colts are back it seems. Cleveland is just a bad team. Not crazy about taking road teams though.

Buffalo - Offense looks good. Another West Coast team with a 1 PM EST start.

Leaning towards Tennessee. Would love to be done for the week after the first game Thursday and hold Indy for Week 14 at home vs. Cincy.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

IX_Bender

Forum Member
Dallas is the obvious choice, anyone who still has them saved the team for this week specifically.
The rest of their schedule is pretty stout.

Ive used up most of the 'good' home teams this week and taking Wash, GB, or NE against a formidable playoff team doesnt make much sense.

While I would love to use TENN next week at home vs. CLE, that will have to be the pick this week on the road with short time to beat DET.

This is the first week that Ive had to use a road team, but I just dont see any other alternatives like BUFF or NYJ which Ive already used as have most of us.

canabiz

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2004
Open Field
Guys, 2 people in our pool picked Tennessee and they have moved on. That leaves the 4 of us (yours truly included) to find a winner for this weekend and I am leaning towards Miami. They need to win, there is no doubt about that and St. Louis is pretty much done for the season, they got their 2 wins, they probably can't wait for this campaign to end.

I am moving away from Baltimore for a couple of reasons: This is a divisional matchup and Cincy has had extra time to prepare for this one, having played last Thursday. The Ravens is a funny lot, they tend to do well when they are dogs or smaller favorites. I don't think the Bengals can pull something out but I just got a funny feeling for this game here.

Your thoughts ?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

canabiz

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2004
Open Field
I ended up taking Baltimore and it was never in doubt. The bad news is all of us survived again save for 1 who is on the Jets. Go Broncos!

Looking at Week 14, I will have to consider the Bears, the Packers, the Titans, and the Broncos. Those are the teams I still have available so it does seem like I will have a bit more rooms to breathe next week.

On to next week!