T.O. earned alot of respect in that game....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

giambi

Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Las Vegas,NV
I gained a ton of respect for this guy putting his team before his own career and playing in that game. He is definitely a gamer and comes to play it was good to see in a time of selfish players :clap: :clap: :clap:

BIF

Forum Member
I think you are overstating what he accomplished - the guy is a perfect physical specimen and his recovery time is double of yours and mine - he recovered to 90% and certainly should have been on the field - 2 weeks ago he was jumping around in Philly when they beat Atlanta and probably would have played then had it not been so cold outside.

Yes, he caught 9 balls but McNabb threw it 50+ times and Owens was the only guy open most of the day as he had what appeared to be a 5 inch height advantage over Gay who was covering him most of the day plus he was giving him space to catch the short pass. If that pick block gets called - his stats are a less than T.O. average outing with 8 catches for 75 yards and most importantly NO TD's !!

Don't fall for the media hype about how classy that was - for what he makes his ass should have been on that field as they had no chance without him - the linesmakers and I both knew he was playing 2 weeks ago when the line was set - this is why the line never fell the last couple of days when it was confirmed.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
I really can't stand the guy, and I was pretty sure he was going to play all along.

But I will tell you one thing and that is I have to respect the guy for going out there and playing his same aggressive style.
Vs that NE defense they could have chop blocked his legs, or he could have had it re-injured very easily.

I got to say hats off to TO but I still dislike him.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I always respected TO's play on the field. He reminds me of Irvin. Always had intense passion for winning. Some of the antics off the field and on the sideline gets old, but would be a welcome addition on my team.

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
Terrell Owens may have some issues, but he is a competitor. He's full of himself, but he CAN be, because he can back it up. He wants to win. I would take him 11 times out of 10 over a headcase like Randy Moss, who might want to play or might not.

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
Nice play by TO

He's still an asshole

Wasn't able to use his big mouth to get the team to the line faster in the final few minutes. Would have been a good time for him to open it YA THINK. :mj07:

Glad he was on the down side of that outcome.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

giambi

Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Las Vegas,NV
well Mcnabb is the one who really sucked in this game and I really think if he broke that bone that is pretty impressive if you guys don;t see that then I don't know what to tell ya and he didnt have to be on the field he could have cost himself his career over one game there is no garuanteed contracts in the NFL if I was him I would have sat my ass on the sidelines and waited til next year....I tell ya all those betters in here on the patsies where hurtin thats for sure because that was the smart money LOL