**Take USU -6**

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Dax22

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2000
Utah
There are quite a few reasons I like this game and I'm going to be laying big on USU. First of all the game is at home for the Aggies which is a huge factor for them. I think the reason why the line is only 6 is becasue of the lose of alot of last years team. The Aggies have a cast returning from last Browm, Vauge, Vincent, Evans, Johnson. And with the new guy Penigar this team is athletic and can score. Just ask the Utes about that. BUt the thing they do the best is team Defense and Rebounding. I know BYU is bigger but they just lost by 10 to UCSB(which is a good team but lacking in size like that of BYU). Look for BYU to shoot poorly becasue of the defense by the Aggies Penigar will light up BYU inside with his atletic ability. Bigalow is the only on I see hurting USU but, he's it and it ends there.
The Aggies won't blow a 6 point lead in the last two minutes of the game like they did last year against BYU. When USU goes into half-time with a lead they never lose it they are 66-2 in the last 68 games which they lead at halftime.

Home Court Winning Streak: Utah State has won its last 23 games at home dating back to Jan. 8, 2000. USU's last loss at home was a 82-73 decision to BYU. USU has won 35 of its last 36 games at home. That 23-game winning streak at home is the fourth longest streak in the country. Michigan State leads the country with a 46 game winning streak at home, while Iowa State has won 36 in a row. Detroit is third with 32 wins, followed by Utah State with 23.

Home Sweet Home: Utah State has had tremendous success at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum since the building was opened for the 1970-71 season. In its first 30 years, USU has had only one losing season at home, with a 3-8 record during the 1981-82 year. All-time, Utah State is 337-96 (.778) at home. Over the past five seasons, the Aggies have compiled an incredible 68-3 (.958) record at home.

Morrill Comfortable At Home: Utah State head coach Stew Morrill is very comfortable at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, and his record would confirm that fact. Since becoming USU's head coach prior to the 1998-99 season, Coach Morrill is 42-3 (.933) at home.

Home Openers: Utah State is 32-6 in home openers since the 1963-64 season and a perfect 3-0 in home openers under head coach Stew Morrill. In fact, USU has won its last seven home openers and the last team to defeat USU at home to begin the season was Weber State (87-86) to begin the 1993-94 season.

Morrill To Coach 100th Game At Utah State: Utah State head coach Stew Morrill will coach his 100th game at Utah State this Sat., Dec. 1 against BYU, becoming the eighth coach in USU history to reach the milestone. Morrill is currently 73-25 as head coach at USU which is the best record by any Aggie coach during his first 100 games at USU. The following is a breakdown of each of the eight coaches in USU history to coach at least 100 games.

Defense Setting Tone Once Again: Utah State has developed a tradition as being one of the best defensive teams in the country over the past two years and after the first two games of the 2001-02 season it seems as if nothing has changed. Against Montana State, USU limited the Bobcats to just 51 points (20 in the first-half) and a 30.4 field-goal percentage. MSU also converted just 2-24 three-pointers for a .083 percentage. Against Utah, USU held the Utes to just 40.8 percent shooting and 24 first-half points. Last season, USU was second in the country in points allowed (57.5) and 12th in field-goal percentage defense (39.4). Last season, Utah State held six opponents to 20 or fewer points in the first-half and one already this season.