Tampa Bay notes

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SPIDER

Forum Member
Jun 4, 2004
Monday nite Tampa bay will bring up Scott Kazmir and he will start against seattle. kazmir is a 6'9' or so lefty who throws heat. everyone critized the mets organization when they traded him for zambrano and i guess tampa is ready to give him a go. couldnt think of a better team to get your first start against.

spider

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
fwiw, kasmir is six feet, 170. former baseball america high school player of the year, threw four consecutive no-hitters his senior year. don't really feel this is a great spot for his debut. tampa is 20-38 on the road this year, 1-9 their last 10, 6-14 in game 1 of a series after a loss, traveling from tampa to seattle. to boot, mariners are hitting lefties at around a .330 clip their last ten. kasmir has pitched well so far in triple a, but the general consensus i've seen says his control is not ready for prime time yet. mariners are a fairly patient team at the plate, and would seem likely to wait out a kid with control issues making his major league debut. i'm liking seattle here.