Tampa Bay

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Recent winners (Beem, Sauers, Parry, Rollins, Forsman) show that anything can happen and probably will...so I'll chance a dodgy 3 figure shot to keep the bookies run going.
Craig Barlow 100 bet365 (only 33 Coral) has a recent 7th in the Sprint and 3rd in the Air Canada and was 10th here last time.

More surprising would be if Flesch could win... and he is fav in some books... perhaps the caddie could swing a deal and carry one club less in exchange for a bullwhip and pair of blinkers.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Outright plays (1 unit):

John Huston to win 16/1 e.w. @ Bet365, Surrey, BetInternet or Paddy Power
The obvious choice. Won comfortably two years ago and has five wins in Florida, plus one in Hawaii, and all on Bermuda greens. With his 4th place finish last week, and ranked 1st in greens in regulation, he looks the player to beat.

Lee Janzen to win 40/1 e.w. @ Paddy Power
Did wonder if this would be the tournament that Steve Flesch would finally cope with being in contention - he is a class player in the field - but opted to two whose odds appear inflated. Janzen may not fit the bill of the big-hitter who is supposed to play well on this course (Surrey have Daly as joint favourite!), but he did finish 6th two years ago. Top-10 finish in his last event, the Canadian Open, and also in the International last month, Janzen is widely available at much lower odds elsewhere.

Harrison Frazar to win 66/1 e.w. @ Sean Graham
Rather in the Steve Flesch mould of finishers, but an attractive price nonetheless for a player who has finished in the top-10 four times this year and 17th and 9th in his last two starts. With few players who even have top-5 finishes in this week's field, this looks a big price for someone of his abilities.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Sorry to knacker another of your tips Stan but I also like Janzen at 40/1 Paddy Power. He is a player who seems to put it together in short bursts so hopefully his top 10 last time can be improved upon this week. Also finished 6th here in 2000.... home cooking?

Added a greedy 'bmad' double 696/1 with Sergio!

Still tempted by Bob Tway 10th here in 2000 and several top 10's this year.... but I still haven't forgiven him for snatching a loss out of the jaws of a place when 6th in Reno.

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
cannot find much to disagree with here
Tanaka 66/1 (Sportingbet) 15 times International winner...
Barlow 100/1(Blue Square) backed last week, needs to get into top 125...

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
BM, you favourite backer, only 696/1!
gone for it again this week, may regret not coupling in a 2 x 2 doubles!
Tanaka (66/1) and Lowery(66/1) at Sportingbet..ew double
Leornard (40/1) and Barlow(100/1) at Blue Square..ew double

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Steved,
I like your style... and hope you split your stake across a couple of bookies in case one won't cough up.

Now.... which one of your discarded doubles have I to take up Murphy or Sod are bound to take an interest...

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Outrights
Tanaka 66/1 1/2 unit E?W Sportingbet

To place @ 5 dimes 1/2 unit each
Still don't like their math but like their odds

Tampa Bay Classic - Top 5 - John Senden 13/1 $20.00 $260.00
Tampa Bay Classic - Top 5 - Rod Pampling 14/1 $20.00 $280.00

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
72 holes will add rest in this thread as they come.
Huston -105 over Flesch 365 (no ties lose)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
adding 72 holes @ 365 all @ -115 (no ties lose)
Andre over Daly
Herron over Sauers
Janzen over Choi
Tway over Frazer
+++++++++++++++++++
adding 72 holes
Herron -107 over Daly@ 5dimes
Don't understand this line??I see Andrade has moved to -150 against Daly @365
Haas -115 over Beckman @ 5dimes
Oldtimer took needed 2 week break,Beckman heavy schedule appears to be taking its toll,a 53rd is best finish in last 4.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

milpalm

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2002
Lillestrom, Norway
Janzen 43/1 Betfair. Florida-based player who was 6th here two years ago. Has some recent form with a 9th place finish in Canada and a top 10 in the International.

Herron 50/1 Centrebet. 11th in Pennsylvania last week. Herron has won twice in Florida and was 9th in 2000.

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
adding
1 ew Crane 100/1 (Tote)..in form, watch him putt!

BM, the Tanaka/Lowery double was restricted by Sportingbet's max liability software, I was informed max stake available was ?2.19, so that is what I availed myself of...brave sorts at SB!

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Matchup plays (1 unit):

Steve Flesch to beat Billy Andrade -120 @ Victor Chandler
Avoided Flesch for an outright spot, but will side with him for a matchup. Sunday nerves aside, he is playing some of the best golf of his career and so long as he isn't to close to the leaders on Saturday night, this should be another high finish. Expecting a reaction from Andrade this week. He led for virtually the entire tournament only to be denied by a Forsman eagle and him driving into the face of a bunker on the last hole. History is not on his side either. In the past two years, he has finished in the top-10 on eleven occasions. Only once has he finished inside the top-30 in his next event and on eight of those eleven occasions, he missed the cut in the next event. He missed the cut two years ago.

Lee Janzen to beat Gene Sauers -110 @ BetInternet
It was an impressive Canadian Swing from Sauers, but he had been only to get into the minor PGA Tour events before his Air Canada victory and spent most of the season on the Buy.com Tour. Has not played this course before, so will side with the outright pick who has not lost to Sauers in any of their head-to-head matchups over the past five years.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Steved,
Know what you mean about sportingbets limits... it's annoying that you cannot put more on for a bigger place double and have the surplus win stake refunded should they both win and it break their limit.

Do you ever have a problem depositing cash there? Last twice I have tried them it has failed miserably and the bloke on the helpdesk was like a fart in a trance.

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
I am normally ok depositing cash with SB, but have twice sworn I have placed a bet, only to find I am not on...fortunately they did not win, but I check now...
I tried the refund bit with Chandlers on my 1ew treble a few weeks ago...treble came to ?1.5million, and their limit is ?250k. They have minimum stake of a ?1, so I asked for 87p win part back as only needed to place 13p to get limit...it was too much for their heads to get round..they offered me a full refund..
I even quoted them the old adage..'if you can't win, you can't lose', which normally swings it, but didn't. So at VC, you can't win, but you can lose. Not complaining, all good fun really...

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Anyone know status of Frazar.He on 1st and 2nd rd tee times butnot to be found? Checked 5 different scoreboards and nothing>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Still can't find nothing on Farzar. I know Daly walked off on 5 today at 6 over.:D

Last edited:

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Mid-point update:

Flesch/Andrade Trails by 3
Janzen/Sauers WON by 6

Huston 29th
Janzen 8th
Frazar dnp

Pretty quiet event at the cut. Janzen wins the matchup and is in good position to secure a top-5 place, though he is seven shots behind K.J. Choi. Huston could get a place finish, being only three shots behind Janzen, so still everything to play for.

DTB, I'm sure Frazar did not tee off. Go to the PGATour.com site and click on the 'Players' link and then 'PGA Tour' menu, select 'Harrison Frazar' and then 'Scorecard'. It will show "-" as his current position. If he teed off, he will have a finishing position listed as being c.156th. To confirm, try it for Daly who did withdraw.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Almost at the cut. Got 2 matches out there currently tied that haven't finished.
2nd rd 1win 1 pending 72 holes 3-0 and 3 pending

2nd rd
Janzen +100 over Andrade win
Haas -102 over Kuchar tied with Haas having one hole to play.

72 holes
Andrade -115 over Daly Win
Herron --107 over Daly win
Haas -115 over Beckman win (unless he goes 4 over on remaining hole)

pending
Huston -105 over Flesch 1 dn
Janzen -115 over Choi 7 dn
Tway/Frazar no action
Herron -115 over Sauers Currently tied with Sauers missing cut and Herron 4 holes to play.

Outright positions Pampling 2nd-Tanaka 6th-Sendon 60th

3rd rd plays
Janzen + 100 over Andrade
Worked yesterday/try it again

Choi -130 over Perez
Big odds but huge class edge and Perez has to get up early for 2 holes and return. I think odds are justified.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
both matches @ 5dimes

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Thanks Stan I would have never thought of that. I like your new addition on matchups/headups. Some were mind boggeling! Price/Dimarco 5-0-1-- Garcia/Mick 5-2 :eek:
Much quicker to flop between scoreboards on your site than pgatour site also. Once again for making things easier for us :toast: