Tarheels-Vols Thread.........

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ppabart

Not banned
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2000
Decatur, GA USA
none
I will preface this by saying, this isn't the homer in me talking.....

UNC wins this game by 10 points. The Tarheel offense is good enough to score around 30 points in this game and I don't see the Vols putting up enough points themselves to stay in it. Look at who Tenn has beaten.....not exactly a murderers row. And when they lose, they generally lose BIG. Tennessee doesnt have enough firepower to stay with the Heels here. TJ Yates will go out with a strong performance.

UNC in a walk :)

ppabart

Not banned
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2000
Decatur, GA USA
none
oh i agree i think NC is the better team overall just hope they show it

They'll be fine. Our biggest problem is always stepping on the neck of the wounded duck. We can get a lead but then for some reason, just feel compassionate and don't put them away. Tarheels defense has really been a bright spot this year....all things considered. The only thing that the Vols have coming in is momentum from having won 4 in a row. But the layoff, plus the fact that the Tarheels are twice as good as any of the teams they beat in that stretch will be too much for them.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Skipper

BITCH!!
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Knoxville
I will be back later for my analysis of this game, but if you see my picks with Woodson(which suck btw), I took Carolina. Even though it will be Knoxville West, there are several reasons I don't like the Vols, but it will not be a big play either way.

Later and good luck to your boys ppabart:toast:

Skipper

BITCH!!
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Knoxville
They'll be fine. Our biggest problem is always stepping on the neck of the wounded duck. We can get a lead but then for some reason, just feel compassionate and don't put them away. Tarheels defense has really been a bright spot this year....all things considered. The only thing that the Vols have coming in is momentum from having won 4 in a row. But the layoff, plus the fact that the Tarheels are twice as good as any of the teams they beat in that stretch will be too much for them.

:0074 Big part of my analysis, with the exception of KY's offense. Defensively, I think is where it will show up. I think ole Butch was giving Tyler Bray a reach-around yesterday comparing him to Dorsey, just to set it up a bit.

Strategery is what Will Ferrell used to say:142smilie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LDB

Forum Member
Nov 18, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Anyone like Vols? Please tell me why :shrug:

motivation being a huge factor in this one... Can you honestly say that NC is thrilled to be in a bowl game such as this?

Im on Tenn some what large..

gl bart..

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
Bowling night! The whole damn bowling center will be cheering for the Vols. I've taken the Vols plus the points in all my pools but that was a couple of weeks ago when I had to pick.. I think No Carolina gets the cover tonight. Will play them with my local and then know if I lose, hey, I had the right pick in my pools. Will help my cause in Brian's pool.

Enjoy the game phart!

nole

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
I will preface this by saying, this isn't the homer in me talking.....

UNC wins this game by 10 points. The Tarheel offense is good enough to score around 30 points in this game and I don't see the Vols putting up enough points themselves to stay in it. Look at who Tenn has beaten.....not exactly a murderers row. And when they lose, they generally lose BIG. Tennessee doesnt have enough firepower to stay with the Heels here. TJ Yates will go out with a strong performance.

UNC in a walk :)

you know i was gonna go into general to try and get your attention and get your honest take on this one(i know that you know the heels)..sitting it out ...but i probably should have .....

nice start...hope you get it...

Soko

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2004
North Carolina is gonna kill them. This could get pretty ugly, pretty soon

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg