kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Yet it took you all weekend.

:00x33

I should have said "if you value your time, then use a professional"

My initial post was an exaggeration. It did take some time though, I spent a few hours on it Saturday. Some things are only done right if you do them yourself. Using a professional would be like handing the ball off to a less talented player, why would I do that?

kneifl

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
My initial post was an exaggeration. It did take some time though, I spent a few hours on it Saturday. Some things are only done right if you do them yourself. Using a professional would be like handing the ball off to a less talented player, why would I do that?

kneifl

Ohhh....if it's a couple of hours for an uncomplicated return, then definitely do it yourself. I got the impression that it took most of the weekend.

BobbyBlueChip

JOSHNAUDI

That Guy
Forum Member
Dec 12, 2000
Seguin, TX
www.schwartz-associates.com
While the act of "doing your taxes" is a simple task for many people with simple scenarios, the true value of the professional is found with tax planning or review of different tax incentive initiatives that could be applied to your income.

Doing your taxes is after the fact.

Tax Planning occurs before the new year.

Skulnik

Truth Teller
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2007
Jefferson City, Missouri
While the act of "doing your taxes" is a simple task for many people with simple scenarios, the true value of the professional is found with tax planning or review of different tax incentive initiatives that could be applied to your income.

Doing your taxes is after the fact.

Tax Planning occurs before the new year.

Nuff Said

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Ohhh....if it's a couple of hours for an uncomplicated return, then definitely do it yourself. I got the impression that it took most of the weekend.

BobbyBlueChip

I thought I mentioned it was an itemized return, definitely would be complicated for most people. Not you though, right Bobby? LOL :mj03:

Accounting is such a cush elementary profession.......

kneifl

JOSHNAUDI

That Guy
Forum Member
Dec 12, 2000
Seguin, TX
www.schwartz-associates.com
Also hard

<object width="800" height="500">

<embed src="http://www.summersudoku.com/sudoku8.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="800" height="500" scale="noscale" salign="t l" wmode="window" bgcolor="#F9D449"></object>
a game by Sudoku

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
You should let the professionals do it

I used to do my own taxes before I went into business....

But I listened to my district sales manager who believed you should spend your work time doing what you do to make money & hire the professionals to do what they do....

And since that time, I have always used a tax professional to do my taxes....

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
I used to do my own taxes before I went into business....

But I listened to my district sales manager who believed you should spend your work time doing what you do to make money & hire the professionals to do what they do....

And since that time, I have always used a tax professional to do my taxes....

I do too. Too much to know and too easy to code things wrong and too easy to cause red flags that can be avoided.

Bet on MyBookie