technical help - please!!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
Everytime I try + click on a 'button' on a web page that leads to a pop-up window ( for example the 'log-in' screen of all my favourite books :mad: ) - I get an 'iexplore caused an invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll' message, and the page shuts down.

I've been through microsofts help page + I can't find anything to help - it's driving me mad + more importantly, SPOILING MY BETTING !!;)

Any techies out there who can help??

thanks

hoss

Last edited:

Trossi3389

% MAN !!!!
Forum Member
Aug 5, 2003
rochester ny
Re: technical help - please!!

hoss said:
Everytime I try + click on a 'button' on a web page that leads to a pop-up window ( for example the 'log-in' screen of all my favourite books :mad: ) - I get an 'iexplore caused an invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll' message, and the page shuts down.

I've been through microsofts help page + I can't find anything to help - it's driving me mad + more importantly, SPOILING MY BETTING !!;)

Any techies out there who can help??

thanks

hoss

DUDE, I CANT BELIEVE U JUST SAID THAT..I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH AOL..... THIS AOL BROADBAND PAGE POPS UP 100 TIMES A DAY....I HAVE POP-UP BLOCK AND THIS SAME PAGE KEEPS COMING UP....IM READY TO THROW MY L.T ACROSS THE F#$%$G ROOM............:mad: :mad: :mad:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

KMA

Forum Member
May 25, 2003
What version of IE are you using??? What Operating System???You may need to update your browser.

I would at least restart your computer that error is in the heart of the program the "kernel"

That is the result of a memory location error. You could try to re-install the browser. It might be a virus but sounds shaky.

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
Ie 6.0 and Windows 98 - I've reinstalled Internet Explorer and run Ad Aware (found a couple of data miners, but nothing else) - but it seems to be getting progressively worse!
I also keep having to restart the computer as it just freezes on regular occasions - it's gonna get treatment with a sledgehammer if this keeps up :mad: :(

Thanks for the help so far guys, any more ideas?

hoss

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Dell has a great computer for $399 that includes a 17" monitor right now. If your computer is for home use, this deal can't be beat, IMO.

KMA

Forum Member
May 25, 2003
BE WARNED!!!!!

This contains information about editing the registry.Before you edit the registry, you should first make a backup copy of the
registry files (System.dat and User.dat). Both are hidden files in the Windows folder.

*******People not comfortable or familiar with editing any part of the registry should think twice before entering it!!!!!*******

You can spend ages trying to diagnose this sort of fault as Kernell32 is associated with the memory management. BUT, if you are also getting the system freezing when you start just maybe it's time to do a fresh windows installation.

OR:

When you use Microsoft Internet Explorer to access the Internet, you may receiveone of the following error messages:

IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll

IEXPLORER caused an Invalid Page Fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff87ede

NOTE:
If you receive an error message about "Explorer caused an invalid pagefault in module Kernel32.dll", the troubleshooting steps may not work for this error message.

This problem can be caused by any of the following situations:

- One or more dynamic link libraries (DLLs) are located on the desktop.

- Internet Explorer's internal Java Just-In-Time (JIT) compiler is enabled, and the Web page you are loading contains a Java program that is incompatible with the compiler.

- Internet Explorer is configured to automatically use items that show active content, and the Web page you are loading contains active content that is not functioning properly.

- The third-party display driver you are using is damaged or incompatible with Windows.

- You are using Active Server Pages (ASP) to perform an ODBC query on a database on an Internet Information Server (IIS), or you are running a large ASP file while Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) security is enabled.

- There is an Advert.dll file on the system

To work around this problem, use the following appropriate method:

- Configure Windows so that DLLs are not hidden, and then rename or move any DLLs located on the desktop. To configure Windows so that DLLs are not hidden, follow these steps:

1. Double-click My Computer.

2. On the View menu, click Options, and then click the View tab.

3. Click to select Show All Files, and then click OK.

To rename a file on the desktop, use the right mouse button to click the file, click Rename on the menu that appears, type the new name for the file, and then press ENTER. To move a file on the desktop, drag the file from the desktop to a folder on your hard disk in My Computer or Windows Explorer.

- Disable Internet Explorer's internal Java JIT compiler.

To do so,

Click Options on the View menu in Internet Explorer, click the Advanced tab, and then click the Enable Java JIT Compiler check box in the Active Content area to clear it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the responses :)

I'll give those a try when I get home KMA - your computer knowledge is helping a lot of those of us who are technologically stunted :tongue .

If it doesn't work then Dawgballs solution will be the winner!!

come on the Patriots.................:D

hoss

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
That advert.dll thing might be the answer - I've had a home page hijacker that I can't get rid of - hijack this finds it, but I can't get rid of it - the url is res://mshp.dll/index.html#37049

How can I kill it from the system :shrug:

hoss :)

KMA

Forum Member
May 25, 2003
Okay, try this:

Go to the Tools Menu in Internet Explorer.
Select Internet Options.
Change the default home page to whatever you want it to be. IE:
http://madjacks.com
Click OK.
Right click on My Computer.
Select Search.
Search for a file named mshp.dll
When Search files the file, DELETE it.
Run updated virus scans against your computer

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

KMA

Forum Member
May 25, 2003
If that doesn't work:

Get my e-mail and I will send you the fix.

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
KMA, it got rid of it, but my pc was still crashing left, right and centre. Decided it was time for a new one, so went + blew $2000+ on a new one!!! Got Windows XP + loads of better features than my old one. Thanks for all your help it was much appreciated

hoss

ps got to make this thing pay for itself now;) :tongue

british bulldog

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
England, u.k.
Sorry to hear about your troubles Hoss. I got hit earlier in the week by the "mydoom" virus.

Managed to get rid of it via synmatic.

I operate XP and it is far better than anything else windows has brought out. Great additional features. Just over ?1,000 was a good deal if you managed to get speakers, scanner, printer, cd re-writer and a few other tid-bits.

I am sure you will get the money back very soon with your soccer and rugby plays. Your efforts over the rugby world cup were excellant I suppose the purchase of the computer eat into a fare chunk of those profits. Still, with the football only at mid-point and the Heinekin Cup starting to hot up, plus super league approaching, not forgetting England's tour to the windies, you will soon re-coup the cost of your purchase.

BTW, England are a good price to win the test series in the Windies. They have a better top six, only Lara would make the England team instead of Butcher, although sarwan, Chandrapaul and Gayle would be close to making selection. It is the bowling for once that I feel England are strongest and they have a far more balanced and varied attack. If Jones can pass a fitness test, he and Harmison could be a right handful ablt supported by Anderson and Flintoff.