Tenn/Auburn

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
10-12 YTD college

I also like Tennessee. I can?t figure out why they are not favored by more points.

Fundamental:
Auburn?s paper tiger has popped up to score two wins by 93-10 margin (Vandy, bye, WKY L3W). Are they ready for prime time again? They better be, with Ark next.

Tennessee will try to force Aub to throw it, which they don?t do well. Aub will try to run the football with tailbacks Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown. However, they still are only avg 101 ypg. Meanwhile, the Vols Claussen has been sound (195 ypg, 59%, 8 TD/4 INT), and RB Houston is ave 5.3 ypc. I know ?Phil kills,? but they got their scare LW, and Phil is saying, ?lets get back to fundamentals this week.?

Tenn has a slight talent edge, and that is enhanced in their matchup by their ability to play up to that talent, whereas Auburn has struggled. Vols have a respectable 5.8 yards-per-point ave., while Tigs are a soft -1.5. Advantage Vols.

Situational:
IMO the Vols underachieved LW because they were caught in a sandwich and looking to this game. Mental focus of Vols will be enhanced with Tennessee?s senior captain Scott Wells announcing Thursday that he will honor hospitalized teammate Prugh by wearing his No. 67 on his jersey. Vol players are also aware that they are going into a loud road stadium, and focus will be to take them out of the game early.

Technical:
Vols are 5-1 last 6 in series; and 22-5 as an SEC rd fav of less than 14 pts.

Tenn 24, Aub 21