Texas FYI

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chicago Joe

Forum Member
Five of the last six race winners at Texas qualified 7th or better. Only Matt Kenseth who qualified 31st came from the back last year to win. Roush drivers have won three of the last six. You might want to add longshot Greg Biffle to your list Bobby & Terry LaBonte home state is Texas. Terry won in 99 and Bobby is coming home running again in championship form.

TheShrimp

Forum Member
Jan 15, 2002
Thanks for the FYI.

I'm look at both Kenseth and Busch this weekend, but I haven't looked at prices yet.

Leaving town for the weekend so I won't get to discuss (or watch) the race.

Good luck to all.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chicago Joe

Forum Member
I'm going with Bobby LaBonte 8-1 Pinnacle. Jimmy Johnson looked read good during all three practice sessions, but lost a motor during the last practice and will start from the rear. Other drivers that did well during practice were Jerry Nadeau, Ryan Newman, Joe Nemechek and Terry LaBonte. Two drivers to watch. Joe Nemechek who ran well at Atlanta and Terry LaBonte who won here in 99. Sterling Marlin who is way behind last years pace also lost a motor during practice. I bet Rusty Wallace even vs Sterling Marlin Olympic. Just about every driver that is in front of a TV camera says he supports our troops. I wonder is longshot Jerry Nadeau can win one for his sponsor.