Texas Huge For Tomorrow!!!!

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
I have handicapped tomorrows games and I have come across a play that I can't resist. I may sit back until closer to came time as I think the public may move this line. Right now, my numbers show that Vegas should open this game at Texas -2 or -2.5. The ml should be right around -135.

Any ways, Texas has had it share of problems lately dropping 3 of their last 4 including a pummeling at the hands of the okies yesterday. Knight's crew has won their last 4 in row and are looking to add to their 20 win year. Texas won the early contest on the road, only one of the red raiders home losses. However, revenge will not play a roll in this game. The longhorns need a couple wins to notch a spot in the final 64. Revenge will be on the red raiders minds. However, the long horns will be poised to avenge their national TV embarrassment on Sunday. It will not happen again. I look for the red raiders to come into this game a little over confident. Most important stat! TEXAS HAS WON THE LAST 10 IN A ROW VERSUS THE RED RAIDERS. HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES????

Gonna sleep on it, but this may be my biggest college b-ball play of the year!!!!!

LIVE BY THE SWORD!!!!!!!

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
here is a better stat for you:

Texas whipped OSU at OSU this year.
Eddie came back with a game plan.

Texas beat Tech at Tech.
Who is the best single game coach -- as far as designing a game plan in the game?

I would have to go with Knight.

He already proved himself by destroying OU after getting destroyed.

I think he will go into Austin with a good game plan and this one will be a close one.

Also I woudl not even attempt to compare James Dickey's success with Bobby Knights.

I would think Public will be on Texas but smart money will be taking the points.
I would take the points.....

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
I am showing Texas a -2.5 at my opening line. I am a huge bobby knight fan. I have followed and supported him a number a of years. However, I have found that in recent years. Knight's teams are very inconsistent and rarely show up in games where you think that they should win rather easily. I am still sufferring the effects of the NCAA game I was at in buffalo when I had a small fortune on the hoosiers to pummel pepperdine. I look at tomorrows game as a spot where the red raiders could let down.

If I were going to bet on this game on coaching alone. I would bet on Knight any day. But, based on trends and the situtional spot with Texas needing a couple more wins. I like the long horns to put this one away.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that as long as this line stays under 5. I will feel fairly confident with the Long Horns!!!!

LIVE BY THE SWORD!!!!!!

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
i think tx wins and covers if they are on their game,they have burnt me a few times this year but have won me some also.
if i had to bet this game i would have to start from tx side
good luck.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
I got to go with Texas Tech here guys. Someone said revenge will not be a factor for Texas Tech ... Boo waaaa

Texas beat them in their building. Knight is probably still yelling at them about it. Now is the chance to get some pay back.

I watched the Texas / Okl game close. Texas did not play like a team that should even be going to the tournament. And I think we all know Texas Tech is going.

Texas Tech 78 Texas 63

Scott-Atlanta

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
you think that Tech is going to let down at Texas?

absolutely no way possible for a letdown here.......they want this game more than any other this season.....last shot for seniors to beat Texas

also this is by no means a game Tech should win easily so that doesn't factor into those previous Knight games you described.....

In rematch games, the coaching factor is magnified......I am going to bet that this game goes down to the wire......give me points.....

Talent on teams is similar......UT has the home court and Tech has the better coach.....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Red Raider

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Most important stat! TEXAS HAS WON THE LAST 10 IN A ROW VERSUS THE RED RAIDERS. HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES????

Texas may very well win and cover, but the only win over tech that matters is the one this year. The other 9 meen nothing.

In case you didn't notice, Bobby Knight is NOT James Dickey!

I stated in another thread that this is a very tough spot for the Raiders, as they have not played as well on the road, and Texas dropping 2 in a row, will be hungry for a Win!

Watching for pure fun will be enough for me!!!

GO TECH

:cool: :cool:

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
i think this will be like game we saw tonight......and +3.5 was good tonight.....lol......

i am kind of hoping Texas wins though......want them to get in dance......and they need to win a couple more to assure a spot......at least one more regular season game and another one maybe in tourney......

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
The line has moved to 4. I still think that Texas is pretty solid at this number. However, I am going to wait til game time to see if there is any more movement.

LIVE BY THE SWORD!!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

theGibber1

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Dallas TX
Texas -3 Huge!!!!!

texas tech is at half strength when they dont play at home. the horns have more talent,and they need this for the 3seed tie.

if they havent won a good road game this year, why start now.
TEXAS HUGE!!!!:eek:

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
4 it is!!!! I have crunched the numbers and the longhorns should win this one rarther easily!

BANKRUPT BANKROLL PLAY (7 LARGE) Second Largest Play of the Year (NCAAF LOUISVILLE OVER ECU WAS THE LARGEST)

[SIZE=4]HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES???????[/SIZE]

LIVE BY THE SWORD! DIE BY THE SWORD!!!!

Red Raider

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
BANKRUPT BANKROLL PLAY (7 LARGE)

In a rivalry game where the typically down trodden have a chance to make ammends, with Booby Knight as the coach??

Good Luck (and thats from a Tech grad!)

Should be a fun game!

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
Red Raider,

Nothing personal. I wish you luck! I wish everyone could win. I am all about making dough and gamenship. I may talk some smack, but I really do wish you and all the tech backers luck. I hope that the longhorns come through, but if they don't I will live to see another day.

PEACE AND GOD BLESS!!!

LIVE BY THE SWORD!!!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Red Raider

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Nothing was taken personally! I'm just like you, lets all win. I don't mind, actually I perfer, some pregame smak!

I wish you well and good luck!! Tomorrow we may be on the same side.

BTW - Texas looks much better tonight. K-mac is right, they want it more. Actually they NEED it more!

R

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
tth_65.gif

HOOK 'EM

Bet on MyBookie